Implementing Schema/Structured Data

Started by Dale_Olorenshaw, 07-10-2018, 02:33:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale_OlorenshawTopic starter

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me with implementing Schema/Structured data?
I am familiar with schema/structured data, the benefits and what the code snippets look like, however i have never implemented it first hand myself. I am planning to implement it via Google Tag Manager.

I was wondering (hoping) anyone here had a good guide to follow which ideally demonstrates implementing schema step by step?

The schema JSON-LD snippets i have attempted to implement are not getting picked up by Google Search Console and also when using the Google Structured Data testing tool it comes up with errors.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)
  •  

organictextiles

Hi

Go to Google's Structured Data Markup Helper.
Select the type of data that you plan to markup. ...
Paste in the URL of the page or article that you want to markup. ...
Highlight and select the type of elements to be marked up. ...
Continue adding markup items. ...
Create the HTML.
https://www.organictextiles.com/
  •  

richardmsmith

Most webmasters are familiar with HTML tags on their pages. Usually, HTML tags tell the browser how to display the information included in the tag. For example, <h1>Avatar</h1> tells the browser to display the text string "Avatar" in a heading 1 format. However, the HTML tag doesn't give any information about what that text string means — "Avatar" could refer to the hugely successful 3D movie, or it could refer to a type of profile picture—and this can make it more difficult for search engines to intelligently display relevant content to a user.