How to redirect my page without affecting my SEO rank ?

Started by shane1729, 10-12-2018, 01:08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

shane1729Topic starter

Hi guys,

I created a page in my website with my competitor name , for example   https://mywebsite.com/mycompetitor with some dummy content.

I got my page in the first page of SERP for my competitor keyword. Now I want to redirect this page to my home page. Is it possible to do it without affecting the present rank.

If yes, How? Pls help me with this...!
  •  

hariandro001

Quote from: shane1729 on 10-12-2018, 01:08:23
Hi guys,

I created a page in my website with my competitor name , for example   https://mywebsite.com/mycompetitor with some dummy content.

I got my page in the first page of SERP for my competitor keyword. Now I want to redirect this page to my home page. Is it possible to do it without affecting the present rank.

Go to right way...
Best you have to create fresh blog content target with your competitor keywords.
:)
  •  

EugeneHill

:)) :)) Hehehehe.. do you know that Google penalises for copy pasted content? And in your case it seems that you have duplicated the competitor's page content. So please get your page removed before it gets too late. Google may even ban your site, or lower your pages in their SERPs for all keywords. It is better to rank low than get black-listed. Please think.

But if you have not copy-pasted the content from your competitor's site, and have only used their name in your URL's slug, then you may not get penalised. In this case, you redirect the page to your homepage. However, make sure that you do not imitate anything serious of that competitor's website.

Soumyashri

Hi,
Yes, you can redirect your page to other domain without affecting your present rank. If you have to do permanent redirection use 301 redirect rules and if you have to do on temporary basis use 302 redirection rules. It is common practice to redirect one URL to another. When doing this, it is critical to observe best practices in order to maintain SEO value.
  •  

vallam

You can use different ways to redirect such as 301/302 redirect or meta refresh; but what do you mean by 'dummy content'?
  •  

georgebell

Go to Manage Website.
Click the SEO tab.
Scroll down to More SEO Settings.
Under Manage 301 Redirects click Get Started.
Enter the URL extension of your old page (e.g., /about) under Old Page.
Click the Redirect to drop-down menu and select the page that the old page URL should redirect to.

riyaa_rp

Hi guys,

What is your GOAL? what do you want to do?
why you are worried about ranking even if the website is about your competitor with the duplicate content?

hiren popat

yes you can change URL by using 301 redirection for changing URL, it pass  link value to old url to new url.
so your link value would stay same.
but one thing i would like to say that, you dont copy of your competitores page it is opposite of rules of search engine, your site might be ban by search engine.
always use whitehat techniques for your site it's better than Blackhat techniques.

DeveloperOnRent

If you just copied competitors name and created a website, google wont penalize you but if you copied the content also mean it is good don't redirect it just use traffic you are getting till Google identify your fake website because they will penalize that site by dropping all the keywords ranking and even might block that site.
If it is fresh content it is good to try temporary redirect 302 to check how your users/visitors react it. Once you study the user attitude as it is redirected if you get good results then go for permanent redirect 301. If you are not getting good results in 302 redirect then best use that site as it is.

larryellison

Hi guys,

Yes, you can do 301 redirect all the pages. Be sure, your page content is unique. Don't do any copy & paste.