How to Identify and Remove Bot Traffic in Google Analytics?

Started by susanburling, 12-12-2018, 00:30:53

Previous topic - Next topic

susanburlingTopic starter

Hello SEO experts,

Whenever I check Google analytics for tracing my website traffic I see direct traffic with 100% bounce rate I think it is all fake or bot traffic, please help me to Identify and Remove Bot Traffic in Google Analytics..

julian

Not to sure about this but yes sure about Google Analytics?.

Google Analytics don't show fake report so something is really serious and you should again install Google Analytics to fix this issue.
Click here to get Guest Post Services and  Premium Guest Post
  •  

DeveloperOnRent

only if you know the source then you can block those Ip address otherwise nothing can be done. Even in order to reduce the bounce rate, your website should be appropriate

riyaa_rp

Quote from: DeveloperOnRent on 12-24-2018, 04:25:52
only if you know the source then you can block those Ip address otherwise nothing can be done. Even in order to reduce the bounce rate, your website should be appropriate

You can check my website and suggest me how can I improve my website? Sometimes even I notice the traffic from some websites with 100% bounce rate. what to do next?

ryan reynold

To filter bot and spider traffic from Google Analytics, go to your Admin settings. Under the View panel, you'll find View Settings.
  •  

SEOTechniques

I believe Google Analytics tracks visitors of a website, their IP address, Locations, browsers and so if that visitor is a human or a BOT. If you want that BOT to remove from Google Analytics from viewing, I guess the best way is to block them from visiting the website, the Best way to block it is by using the Robot.txt

Yuga

Check the "Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders" option in the Admin View settings.
Identify suspicious traffic (repeat visits, outdated browsers, etc.) ...
Use the "Referral Exclusion List" option under Property > Tracking Info.

julia timpi

All you need to do is go to Google Analytics and click on the 'Admin' cog in the bottom left hand corner. Go to 'View Settings' and tick the checkbox that says 'Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders'.
  •  

julia timpi

All you need to do is go to Google Analytics and click on the 'Admin' cog in the bottom left hand corner. Go to 'View Settings' and tick the checkbox that says 'Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders'.
  •