SEO Confusion

Started by limpopoboy, 02-25-2019, 06:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

limpopoboyTopic starter

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance.  !-!  I am new here  8)

As my subject title suggest I guess what I am going to ask all here, you have heard all before and maybe deep in the depths of previous questions and responses the answers maybe their. But this is part of the reason I am asking what I am asking. I seem to be getting nowhere fast, despite searching the web for various things and finding conflicting answers.

If SEO expertise is on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a super duper expert then I would say I am maybe a 3 so not a newbie, newbie,  but totally confused. Okay enough already let's get to it

I have created a website myself using WordPress and use a popular SEO plugin. I have carried out some keyword research and followed the requirements of the plugin with respect to SEO and Meta description displays. All seemed good to go, However..

1. Many of my pages don't seem to be indexed in Google despite requested Google fetch to index them. Yandex is the same?? Not sure why on earth that could be
2. Many of my SEO titles seem to have my brand name attached to the end of my SEO title thus not displaying properly in Google.
3. My meta description in some cases does not exist at all but text from my page replaces it? I look at the 'character' length also how many would you say is correct without spaces? There is such a difference on the web as to the correct number.
4. The Same for the SEO title 'character' length also how many would you say is correct without spaces?

Both SEO title and Meta description all seems a bit of a mess.

Having what I thought (based on the plugin response)  'no errors' on my site. I started to look further into the programs that provide a fuller picture of your site. The Arefs, Semrush and SE rankings of this world type of software. Again a minefield any suggestions on which one you guys suggest here as there are so many and Soooooooooo expensive for a startup like me.  Anyways, I started a free trial and have had returned hundreds of errors 5 or 6 critical like site maps which my original plugin submits? but many many many on character length for SEO and Meta descriptions, which according to my plugin are correct.

Sorry to go on but hopefully you can see my dilemma, so any advice on

Meta descriptions & SEO title character length would be great
Why are meta descriptions being substituted?
Why is my brand name being added to the Seo Title
Which software would you recommend to use to bring all the website information together using companies like Arefs, Semrush and SE rankings types of service they provide at reasonable cost, any free ones?

Thanks again in advance

A Confused Limpopoboy ...
  •  

mkay10

Let's address your concerns one by one:

1. Indexing Issues: Sometimes, pages may not get indexed due to various reasons such as low-quality content, technical issues, or improper use of meta tags. It's important to ensure that your site doesn't have any crawl errors, the content is unique and valuable, and there are no noindex tags preventing indexing. Additionally, regularly updating your sitemap and using tools like Google Search Console to monitor indexing status can help.

2. SEO Title Display: If your brand name is getting appended at the end of your SEO titles, it might be due to the way your plugin is configured or how your site is set up. You can try adjusting the settings in your SEO plugin to control how the titles are displayed.

3. Meta Description: The ideal length for a meta description is around 150-160 characters. It's important to create unique and compelling descriptions for each page. If your plugin is not displaying the meta descriptions properly, you may need to check the plugin settings or consider using a different plugin that better meets your needs.

4. SEO Tools Recommendation: As for SEO tools, since you're just starting out, consider using Google Search Console and Google Analytics, which provide valuable insights at no cost. For more in-depth analysis, SEMrush and Ahrefs offer comprehensive features, but they can be expensive. You might want to explore their trial versions and compare their offerings based on your specific needs before making a decision.

limpopoboyTopic starter

Quote from: mkay10 on 02-27-2019, 22:01:22
Hard to answer your questions without seeing your site and how it's optimized.

Thanks for response

What would you like to know about my site?

Limpopoboy
  •  

safracatz

Quality content writing is the most essential part of your SEO. With kind, SEO-friendly formatting is very great because the Google algorithm looks for great words at appropriate places on your web page or blog post. ... So, whatever you write, keep in mind that you have to provide some sort of solution

John - Smith

Limpopoboy

He is asking about the URL of your website!