How to use anchor text in link building?

Started by susanburling, 05-21-2019, 05:56:21

Previous topic - Next topic

susanburlingTopic starter

Hi,
How to use anchor text in link building when we want to rank for "PHP Development Company"?

kavyasharma561

Just as Google searches for spammy inbound links from other websites, it will also penalize what it considers spammy internal linking.

Easton234

First, you should decide which link of your webpage you want to anchor for the keyword of "PHP Development Company". Then you should select other synonymous keywords of "PHP Development Company" such as "PHP Development Provider", "php website development", "Website Development Company", etc. Finally, use webpage link inside these texts as back-links.

rafiazafar

Use the keyword of your web page in the anchor text of backlink and the link must be properly hyperlinked to the relevant web page of a website.

saravanan28

Anchor text that includes a variation of the keyword on the linked-to page. For example: 'link building strategies' linking to a page about link building. A brand name used as anchor text. For example: 'Moz' linking to an article on the Moz Blog.
  •  

julia timpi

Anchor text is the clickable text in a hyperlink. SEO best practices dictate that anchor text be relevant to the page you're linking to, rather than generic text. The blue, underlined anchor text is the most common as it is the web standard, although it is possible to change the color and underlining through html code.
  •  

zwilliam

Just put the hyperlink with your keyword you targeting for your page.
  •  

sproutmedia7

Quote from: susanburling on 05-21-2019, 05:56:21
Hi,
How to use anchor text in link building when we want to rank for "PHP Development Company"?

Avoid using same type of anchor text for link building, Google can penalize it for link spam.
  •  

yourdesignguys

Quote from: julia timpi on 08-02-2021, 01:44:15
Anchor text is the clickable text in a hyperlink. SEO best practices dictate that anchor text be relevant to the page you're linking to, rather than generic text. The blue, underlined anchor text is the most common as it is the web standard, although it is possible to change the color and underlining through html code.

Really informative answer Julia! Thanks will surely gonna do this for my custom PHP website yourdesignguys.com
Hello, I am chief global office in a USA-based custom website design company named Your Design Guys. You can connect with for any help regarding website design, development and hosting.
  •  

hypereffects

What I'm about to tell you might shock you.

Conversely, if you were the first person I quoted just above, it probably won't.

Exact matches shouldn't be as feared as they are.

There, I said it.

I know, your inner SEO pro is screaming.

You're probably furiously thinking about tweeting how bad exact match anchors are.

But before you do, let's talk about Google's official stance.

Google says the following about utilizing anchor text effectively for both readers and search engines:

CONTINUE READING BELOW
When you're writing link text, use a phrase that describes what the reader will see after following the link.

Links should make sense without the surrounding text.

This is somewhat vague, but it's simple: anchor text should describe what the reader gets when clicking on a given link.

If your anchor text is "link building strategies," the user who clicked should be directed to a link building strategies post.

Simple, huh?

But, isn't this exact match??

Isn't exact match anchor text bad?

Yes and no.

According to Google, good link text contains "the exact text of the title or heading you're referencing" or "a description of the destination page."

Rather than using phrases like "click here" or "learn more," Google actually prefers more exact match and closely related variations to the content users click on.
  •