Google my Biz question

Started by kevs, 11-12-2020, 09:40:39

Previous topic - Next topic

kevsTopic starter

Anyone know much about reviews and G my Biz?

1)  Some clients leave good reviews, and I don't see them, they see them but they don't appear where I am.
2) Conversely, sometimes I get a positive review from people I don't know, never serviced.

Anyone have ideas on that, thanks!
  •  

John - Smith

Reviews from strangers come from google local guides! Google keeps asking do you know this place or you've been to this place review & rate.
So this happens!

kevsTopic starter

Thanks Who or what is a local Google guide?

Don't see any identifying anything about that... and even so, it's all made up/ fabricated.
  •  

Neel Patel

Your questions relate to Google My Business (GMB), a tool for businesses to manage their online presence across Google's services, including Search and Maps. Reviews play a crucial role in attracting new customers and building trust.

When clients leave good reviews, and they can see them but you can't:
This could be due to several reasons:

a) Google filters certain reviews until they can verify their legitimacy.

b) Google can detect if a review was left from the same IP address as the one that's used to manage the business account. If that's the case, Google may remove or not display the review, as it appears suspicious.

c) The review can be caught in Google's spam filter, especially if it contains certain words, phrases, or links. The review should eventually appear on your page once it passes Google's spam filter.

Receiving positive reviews from people you haven't provided services to:
These reviews could be mistakes or perhaps part of a misguided effort to help your business. Occasionally, people may accidentally review the wrong business. In some cases, somebody tries to boost your ratings because they like your business. Unfortunately, this can backfire; Google has mechanisms for detecting abnormal review behavior, and it could lead to reviews being removed or your business being temporarily suspended.

What can you do about it?

If the reviews are positive and seem genuine, you can reply to them professionally, thanking the reviewer while mentioning that you don't have a record of their visit. If you suspect that they're spam, misleading, or inappropriate, you can flag these reviews to Google. From your Google My Business dashboard, select the review in question, and then select "Flag as inappropriate." Be sure to note why you're reporting the review (e.g., "I think this is spam" or "This reviewer didn't have a genuine experience with my business").

Here is more information regarding your concerns:

Reviews not appearing:

d) Delay in Showing Up: There can be a delay of a few days to a week before reviews show up. This is especially true if the person leaving the review hasn't reviewed many businesses before, as Google might perform more rigorous checks on them for legitimacy purposes.

e) Review Policy Violations: Sometimes, reviews don't appear because they violate Google's review policies. For example, if a customer includes their personal information in a review, Google might not display it.

Be proactive and ask your clients to check their reviews to ensure they adhere to Google's policies, and there is no information that Google might flag.

Also, you can contact Google My Business support for more detailed assistance. It might take time to get an answer, but they might be able to help you understand what's happening with those reviews.

Getting positive reviews from unknown people:

Sometimes, this could be a result of people confusing your business with another. It's also possible these are "admiration" reviews where someone simply covets the type of products/services your business offers but hasn't actually purchased anything. As suggested before, handling these reviews professionally and respectfully publicly will keep your business's reputation intact.

For the continuous improvement of your online presence and garnering more authentic reviews:

Encourage genuine customers to leave reviews: The more authentic reviews you get from customers you've actually serviced, the better your online presence will be. Consider asking satisfied customers to give feedback on GMB. This can be as simple as sharing a link to your GMB listing and asking for a review.

Reply To Reviews: Take the effort to reply to your customer reviews, good or bad. This shows you're engaged and take customer feedback seriously, which will incentivize more genuine reviews.

Monitor Your Reviews: Keep a close eye on your GMB reviews. By doing so, you can quickly address any issues such as the ones you've mentioned.

kevsTopic starter

ONly problem is the review is not from a local guide so this thread so har has not helped at all.
  •  

mariajonas

can you share the link to GMB or screenshots?
✦Document✦Forms✦Templates✦Contracts
legal document generator | general release of liability form
  •  

Yuga

Google Local Guide will help you what you are looking for.