On Page Optimization Gaps
optimized. There are superfluous symbols and it must be about 60-90 characters long (less than 60 would be better).
3. Heading Tag Analysis: There must be one H1 heading. You have 8. Remove superfluous heading. Any heading (h1, h2…) must be about 40-70 characters long. You have much more.
4. Italicized or Bolded Keyword Analysis: There are no bolded or italicized keyword
used on the web pages. Placing emphasis on target keywords by bolding or italicizing them is an effective optimization technique that also helps the web page reader pick out important information much faster.
5. Hyper Link Text Analysis: There are optimized internal text links used on the web pages.
6. META Tag Analysis: META keywords and META descriptions are not included on most of the web pages. Although the META keywords are no longer a ranking factor on the major search engines, we still should include them on every page. META descriptions are also not a ranking factor, but the META description sometimes used by the search engines on their result pages to describe your website.
7. Site Map Analysis: There is neither site map nor robots.txt on the website. The Site Map is helpful in creating search engine friendly links for search engine spiders to crawl the inner pages of the website. The Site Map also reinforces the main keywords of the website by incorporating them in the internal links.
8. Image ALT Tag Analysis: This site contains a number of images. Most of these images contain alternative text called ALT tags with a short description of the image using the target keywords. The image alt tags are well optimized for the target keywords.
10. Spidering Ability: MSN, Yahoo and Google fully indexed this website.
11. Web Page Loading Speed: The website loads reasonably fast.
Off Page Optimization (Link Popularity) Gaps
1. Link Popularity Analysis: There are about 34 unique links pointing to this website on Google. There are not enough unique relevant inbound links pointing to this website to effectively compete with the other top ranking websites. This website should focus on gaining more one-way inbound links that are not simply rented text links, but contextual links from relevant websites and high quality directories.
2. Age of the Domain: It’s about 7 yeas old. So it may not face the typical challenges all the new websites face on the major search engines.
3. Directory Listings: The Codethat.com is listed in the DMOZ directory. DMOZ.org or otherwise know as the Open Directory Project, is a human edited free directory. It is considered an important “authority” website. Google and other major search engines place great importance on websites listed in the DMOZ directory.
Codethat.com is well positioned to take advantage of natural search engine ranking on Google, Yahoo and MSN. Beyond the on-page optimization steps outlined above a well targeted link popularity building campaign could substantially increase ranking.
Some of the link popularity building techniques include reciprocal linking, one-way links from related websites, article and directory submissions, blog posts, press releases and social media awareness campaigns.