When I open my wordpress dashboard, unfortunately I find sentence in tab Blog News and WordPress News ” WP HTTP Error: name lookup timed out in WordPress. That sentence make me angry. Therefore, I look for way to remove that sentence. I spend time about 3 hours to find ways to overcome WP HTTP Error: name lookup timed out. Directly, I practise that way to my lovely wesite. Do you want to know, how to overcome that problem. Wait… You must pay to me….Just kidding guys, it’s free for you, not pay.
Ok, you follow these step:
1. Download Core Control Plugin from your wordpress dashboard and then install and activate it. Or you can install it manually by dowloading Plugin Here. And then upload that plugin throug your wordpress dashboard and activate it.
2. Now, you open “Tools” in your wordpress dashboard. Choose Core Control.
then, you choose “HTTP Access Module 1.0″ on Module Name and click ” Save Module Choices”
3. And then, in above, you can find Main Page Link and External HTTP Access Link. You choose External HTTP Access.
4. You choose cURL and click link “Test Transport”, you will find sentence like this ” WP HTTP Error: name lookup timed out” and what do you must do? Yups right…You must click disable transport.
5. Finished. This process will take about 30 minutes so that sentence “WP HTTP Error: name lookup timed out” doesn’t appear again in main page of your wordpress dashboard. Let’s try.
For more information about this, you can visit http://www.seo-society.com/overcome-wp-http-error