Search Engine Rank
A website’s search engine rank is determined by two dominant factors:
1. How well the site is optimized
2. The number and quality of its back links
In order to achieve high search engine ranks, website owners need to make sure that their website and its overall web presence is efficiently, effectively, and strategically optimized. This might require the hiring of an internet marketing consultant, but the savvy and invested website owner can accomplish this on their own by following the strategies discussed below.
Site owners must approach Search Engine Optimization in two distinct strategies: one of on-site optimization ad another of back-link generation.
On Site and Off Site Optimization
On site and off site optimization efforts, as stated above, need to be efficient, effective, and strategic. These are three very distinct components of a successful strategy.
Efficient SEO Strategy.
An optimization strategy is efficient when it prioritizes the most influential components of search engine indexing.
The most important on-site SEO factors include:
1. HTTP response code errors
2. Keyword in URL
3. Keyword in page title
4. Content uniqueness
The second most important on-site SEO factors include:
1. Content freshness
2. Amount of content above the fold
3. Keywords in anchor texts
4. Keywords in H1 text
5. Site speed
6. Internal links pointing to the page
The third most important on-site SEO factors include:
1. Keyword in Image Alt text
2. Content Density
The fourth most important on-site SEO factors include:
1. Keyword Frequency (body text)
2. Keyword in Bold/Italic
3. Use of visual content
4. Correct rel=”canonical” use
5. Absence of broken links
The fifth most important on-site SEO factors include:
1. Perfect HTML Code
2. Valid CSS
Effective SEO Strategy
An optimization strategy is effective only when on site optimizations are coupled with the optimization of off-site back links. If a web page, for instance, is optimized for the keywords “Butterfly Valves,” then outside links to that page should contain the keywords “Butterfly Valve” in the anchor text. Optimized back links from reputable, high ranking websites are quality back links, and these links are the foundation for a successful off-site SEO strategy.
Strategic Optimization Strategies
An optimization strategy is strategic when it considers three factors: market reach, user intent, and strength of competition.
1. Market Reach. The market reach reflects the size of an audience. We want to optimize our web pages for the most frequently searched for keywords in our market niche in order to advertise and recruit as many potential clients as possible.
2. User Intent. The user intent determines the quality of our audience. Optimizations for “ball valves” and “actuated ball valves” will attract very different audiences. Generating high traffic to a company's website is our goal, but only qualified traffic with quality user intent.
3. Strength of Competition. The strength of the competition over a given keyword set is a very important consideration. Companies that are trying to get to the top of the search engine results page should select keywords that have competition levels within reach.
For More information on successful internet marketing strategies, visit us at newbielink:http://www.benisch-emarketing.com [nonactive], or read our blog at newbielink:http://bostonemarketing.wordpress.com [nonactive].