SEO is the technique to optimize your website for increasing its natural traffic. In this article, we will discuss some SEO basics which will help you improve your rankings on search engines. A well SEO optimized website ranks high on search-engines and hence it gets lots of visitors & potential customers. Let us look at some helpful SEO basics.
SEO Basics & Concepts
1. Keywords - Keywords are the most important part of SEO (search engine optimization). Google, Yahoo & Msn look at the keywords and decide your rank accordingly. Some helpful points for SEO optimizing your website with keywords -
· Your website must have the keywords in Title of the page, URL of the website, Header 1 (H1), and 2-4% keyword density through out the page.
· Some keywords get more searches and others less. Selecting keywords that are searched more will get you more visitors.
· Some keywords are more competitive and others less. Selecting keywords that are less competitive will help you to get a higher rank on Google/Yahoo/Msn.
2. Back Links - Back links are an important part of off-site SEO Basics. The more back links you have, the higher are the chances to get on top of search engines.
· Getting more back links will get you higher ranks on search websites.
· Back links from important sites (sites with high page ranks) are more valuable.
3. Content - One of the most important SEO Basics. Search engines like good content and reward high rankings to websites that have it.
· Your website should have good, relevant content.
· Each page should have more than 400 words.
· The keywords should be thoroughly spread in the content.
4. Images - Everyone likes good images on a website. No body likes to read a text only website as it gets very boring. Having images in the website is good for SEO as well, because then the search engines know that you are explaining the topic with images.
· Naming your images with keywords like "blue-hat.jpg" or "red-car.jpg" is good for SEO. It is one the most important SEO basics because search engines can read the name of the images and having images with keyword names helps to boost the rankings.
For step by step instructions to your website on top of Google, visit [http://th3-seo.blogspot.com
Yassine bertali is an SEO professional, 2+ years of experience in Search Engine optimization & Internet marketing and is Currently blogging on SEO & Internet Marketing.