I do not know how expert you are in SEO but most of you think or was told that to get high Google ranking is very hard.
I have been competing with the biggest "Dogs"on the internet and finally I am a hard to compete with, I have reached Google high ranking for a very competitive search terms, it take time and work but it is not hard as most of you think.
Today I have 1,178 according to flippa indexing. and that is amazing.
Now if you have been following the updates on Google algorithm you may have noticed that Google is starting to focus on Content more and more, the latest update January 2012 is all about site structure and layout you can read about this update at
Now how you can really rank high on Google
1. Have a good site layout, user friendly and optimized.
2. have an easy navigation
3. have no more than 1 ad on your header, in the code of the site be sure that no more than 1 ( maximum 2) ads come before the content of the page.
4. Do not waste time and money on link building that are cheap but bring you useless backlinks like forum profiles, article marketing through pr0 and PR1 blogs and directories. Do not mass submit comments. and do not use social bookmarking that are not populate and have a high page rank. Some low value backlinks will damage your ranking. For example the Panda algorithm of last year was focused backlinks from low value content pages and spammed pages. so sites that are getting backlinks from article directories only and blog comments we hit very hard.
5. if you are going to invest money and time on link building so try to get backlinks from high authority sites and from variation of sites. social media, blogs, directories, PR and more do not focus on one or two kinds only.
6. use variation of anchor text, even a name (like your name is a good anchor text) also very important to use the URL itself as anchor text.
7. no matter how many links you can build each month, more important is to have a momentum that show a steady increase on the backlinks.
8. If you cannot be sure how to get high value backlinks, try to invest on a service that can bring you good backlinks. the best investment you can have is the investment that will increase your search engine ranking.
Most of us are online to make money, and this month only I have made $1100 only from selling ad space on my website, when your website is ranked high on Google, not only you will attract people interested on your topic but also you will attract competitors and advertizes, they are your best customers.
Content, content and more content, when you bring high value content to your site and blog you will succeed, Google like ordinary surfers love content and give high value to content. The more time people spend on your site the higher your authority will get and only content can do so.
Some successful internet marketer know that, and they started to use attractive video to keep people as long as possible on their sites, Personally I do not use videos, maybe I will start invest on this. But content is like magic for me it is good for people and for search engines.
Hope This will give you some ideas