From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Designed by||David Fournier|
|Stable release||9.0.363 (August 10, 2009)|
|License||New BSD License|
ADMB or AD Model Builder is a free and open source software suite for non-linear statistical modeling. It was created by David Fournier and now being developed by the ADMB Project, a creation of the non-profit ADMB Foundation. The "AD" in AD Model Builder refers to the automatic differentiation capabilities that come from the AUTODIF Library, a C++ language extension also created by David Fournier, which implements reverse mode automatic differentiation. A related software package, ADMB-RE, provides additional support for modeling random effects.
Features and use
ADMB has been estimated to perform faster at solving complex optimization problems than the numerical programming languages GAUSS, MATLAB, S-PLUS, and R. Markov chain Monte Carlo methods are integrated into the ADMB software, making it useful for Bayesian modeling. In addition to Bayesian hierarchical models, ADMB provides support for modeling random effects in a frequentist framework using Laplace approximation and importance sampling.
ADMB is widely used by scientists in academic institutions, government agencies, and international commissions, most commonly for ecological modeling. In particular, many fisheries stock assessment models have been built using this software. ADMB is freely available under the New BSD License, with versions available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X operating systems. Source code for ADMB was made publicly available in March, 2009. 
- List of statistical packages
- List of numerical analysis software
- Comparison of numerical analysis software
- ↑ "admb-project". ADMB Project. http://code.google.com/p/admb-project/. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- ↑ "AUTODIF: A C++ Array Language Extension with Automatic Differentiation For Use in Nonlinear Modeling and Statistics". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/autodif.pdf. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Random effects in AD Model Builder: ADMB-RE user guide". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/admb-re.pdf. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- ↑ Schnute, J.T. Richards, L.J. and Olsen, N (1998). "Statistics, software, and fish stock assessment". Fishery Stock Assessment Models for the 21st Century. Fairbanks, AK: Univ. Alaska Sea Grant Program. pp. 171–184.
- ↑ "Comparison between AD Model Builder and other statistical modeling packages". Otter Research Ltd.. http://otter-rsch.com/tresults.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- ↑ "An Introduction to AD MODEL BUILDER Version 9.0.0". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/admb.pdf. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- ↑ "ADMB User Base and Major Applications". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.org/community/user-base. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- ↑ "Bibliography: Stock assessments". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.org/community/bibliography/stock-assessments. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- ↑ "ADMB Downloads". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.org/downloads. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- ↑ "UCSB Press Release: "Fisheries Stock Assessment Software Now Publicly Accessible"". University of California, Santa Barbara. http://www.ia.ucsb.edu/pa/display.aspx?pkey=1896. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- ↑ "ADMB Source Code Available". ADMB Project. http://admb-project.org/news/admb-source-code-available. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- The ADMB Project
- The ADMB Foundation
- Otter Research Ltd, the company which produced ADMB prior to the ADMB Foundation
- Google Code site for ADMB