From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Ad exchanges are technology platforms for buying and selling online ad impressions, and represent a field beyond ad networks as defined by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and by advertising trade publications Advertising Age, iMediaConnection and ClickZ.
The major ad exchanges are AdECN, which is owned and was purchased by Microsoft in August, 2007, Right Media, which is owned and was purchased by Yahoo! in April 2007, and DoubleClick Ad Exchange, which is owned by DoubleClick, a Google subsidiary purchased in May 2007.
Ad exchanges can be useful to both buyers (advertisers and agencies) and sellers (online publishers) because of the efficiencies they provide.
- ↑ 1st Annual IAB Marketplace: Ad Networks & Xchanges, Event Recap, March 31, 2008
- ↑ Ad Exhanges See a Premium Level Future, AdvertisingAge, April 14, 2008
- ↑ Introducing the World of the Ad Exchange, iMediaConnection, April 15, 2008,
- ↑ Getting to Know the Ad Exchanges, ClickZ, September 18, 2008
- ↑ Microsoft purchased AdECN
- ↑ Yahoo purchased RightMedia
- ↑ acquired DoubleClick