From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2008)
Although the group bases many of its traditions and practices on the series, it is not a traditional fan group. Instead it is a virtual bar, with the users being known as "patrons". Discussions are wide-ranging, with virtually nothing other than spam (and to some extent flames) being considered off-topic. Some users post as a character, complete with adopted mannerisms and supporting descriptions. Very occasionally Spider Robinson himself posts.
An important aspect of the group, discouraging leading questions on aspects of real-life personal topics, mirrors the nature of the fictional bar.
In addition to the general discussion is a long-running multi-authored roleplay/story. These posts are generally distinguished by having AAE or U.N.C.L.E. as the first part of the subject, though there are original inventions, such as the Bunnies, a group of uplifted hares who were given Republican Roman culture. (See the Bjarni War, 1999, and the Russian Gold Affair.)
The equivalent of the FAQs of other newsgroups are the Admin: posts, particularly the allabout.
- "Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
- Puns and shaggy dog stories
- "Drinks are on me" resulting in virtual wetness
- Toasts, ending with the smashing of glasses in the fireplace
- The newsgroup itself (news protocol)
- The Callahanian Army of Light (the AAE story archives)
- The Semi-Official All-Callahanian Web Page (Callahans.org: everything you need to know to join in)
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|