Amazon Associates Web Service
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Amazon Associates Web Service (A2S), formerly Amazon E-Commerce Service (ECS) is a web service and application programming interface (API) accessible via either the SOAP or REST protocols. It is part of the Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The A2S API allows clients to search or browse Amazon.com's product catalog; to retrieve detailed product information, reviews, and images; and to interface with customer shopping carts.
Amazon.com developed A2S toward three classifications of users:
- Associates: third-party site owners wishing to build more effective sponsored affiliate links to Amazon products, thus increasing their referral fees
- Vendors: sellers on the Amazon platform looking to manage inventory and receive batch product data feeds
- Developers: third-party developers building Amazon-driven functionality into their applications
- Paul Bausch (2003). Amazon Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips and Tools, O'Reilly Media. ISBN 0-596-00542-3.
- Jason Levitt (2005). The Web Developer's Guide to Amazon E-commerce Service: Developing Web Applications Using Amazon Web Services And Php, Lulu Press. ISBN 1-4116-2551-X.