From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
|A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. Please discuss further on the talk page. (October 2009)|
AndreaMosaic 3.23 running on Windows XP
|Stable release||AndreaMosaic 3.32.1 / April 25, 2009|
|Preview release||AndreaMosaic 3.32.7 / December 16, 2009|
|Written in||C++, Assembly language|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Available in||English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, German|
|Type||Graphic art software|
|License||Proprietary software with free to use license for personal/commercial use|
The first public release was version 3.12 in 2003. In the following years new features where added once or twice a year. A completely new interface came out of beta testing with version 3.3 in September, 2008.
- On-the-fly creation of image variants
- Automatic cropping of images to fit the tile aspect ratio
- Automatic color adjustment
- Prevention of close duplicates
- High-resolution mosaics (up to 8,000 megapixel)
As of version 3.32[update] AndreaMosaic is available in Standard and Professional versions. Both share the same features but the Professional version exceeds the Standard version's limits of 200 megapixels and 30,000 tiles. AndreaMosaic is supported on Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and also on Mac OS X and Linux distributions through the free Wine software. The software can be installed using the standard installer or through a fully portable no-install archive. A collection of 500 sample images is freely available.
The license allows free use of the software, including commercial use, but it requires that every published or printed photographic mosaic, or derivative work, includes a reference to AndreaMosaic. Also the publishing or display to a large audience of a particular mosaic should be added to the public list of artworks created with AndreaMosaic.
Artworks was created worldwide using AndreaMosaic including
- a giant mosaic at the official Danish contribution to the 11th International Architecture Exhibition, Venice Biennale (credits)
- a mosaic in the short movie Fight for Beauty at the 52nd International Art Exhibition, Venice Biennale
|File:Wiki letter w.svg||This section requires expansion.|
Although the software has proved popular and has some powerful features, it has been criticised for not being user-friendly with a confusing and dull interface featuring atrocious grammar but providing an excellent user guide and producing excellent results.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Editor's Review of AndreaMosaic". PCWorld. 2008-05-28. http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,71424-order,4-page,1/description.html. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ↑ "WayBackMachine: AndreaMosaic". web.archive.org. 2003-07-02. http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ↑ "How-To: Make your own photo mosaics". engadget. 2004-10-19. http://www.engadget.com/2004/10/19/how-to-make-your-own-photo-mosaics/. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ↑ "Andrew Mosaic download and history". http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/download/. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Gadget Guy Review: Andrea Mosaic". WISCTV/Channel 3000. 2007-11-26. http://www.channel3000.com/technology/14697599/detail.html. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "Make Artistic Mosaics With Your Photos". PCWorld. 2008-06-09. http://www.pcworld.com/article/146559/make_artistic_mosaics_with_your_photos.html. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- ↑ "Video Clip - Create a Photo Mosaic". PC Magazine. 2005-10-05. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2192496,00.asp. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 "Create beautiful mosaics from your own pictures". Softonic.com. 2007-10-25. http://andreamosaic.en.softonic.com. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ↑ Flickr Hacks: Tips & Tools for Sharing Photos Online. O'Reilly. 2006. pp. 335. ISBN 0596102453, 9780596102456. http://books.google.com/books?id=WLx95OWUMYkC.