From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Apache CXF is an open-source, fully featured, easy to use Web Services framework. It is the combination of two projects: Celtix developed by IONA Technologies (now part of Progress) and XFire developed by a team hosted at Codehaus, combined by people working together at the Apache Software Foundation.
The CXF key design considerations include:
CXF is often used with Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ in Service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure projects.
CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the following areas:
- Web Services Standards Support:
- JAX-WS API for Web service development
- WSDL first tooling
- Java first support
- JAX-RS (JSR 311 1.0) API for RESTful Web service development
- Maven tooling
- CORBA support
- HTTP and JMS transport layers
- Embedable deployment:
- ServiceMix or other JBI containers
- Geronimo or other J2EE containers
- Tomcat or other servlet containers
- Reference OSGi Remote Services implementation
Enterprise support for CXF is available from independent vendors including Progress Software. Progress offers an enterprise version of CXF called FUSE Services Framework that is tested, certified and supported.