From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Area served||North America|
|Key people||Darryl Cohen - CEO|
|Products||S3 - Enterprise Semantic Search Solution|
|Services||SMS-based question answering, mobile content distribution, mobile advertising|
AskMeNow Inc. is an American public corporation, specializing in mobile search and mobile advertising. The Irvine, California based company officially launched in November 2005. The site is no longer live. AskMeNow Inc.'s primary offering is a consumer mobile search product which utilizes proprietary technology to offer a natural language based interaction and dynamic content provision platform. The end result is that AskMeNow is able to respond to user queries posed in natural language with a single relevant answer. Answers to text-based queries are sent back in a variety of formats including SMS, E-mail, or dynamic WAP pages. AskMeNow also offers a push content service dubbed "AlertMeNow." The service pushes free mobile text alerts on a daily basis, with information from content partners including Merriam-Webster and Encyclopaedia Britannica.
How it works
There are three ways the AskMeNow consumer search product can be accessed 
- Mobile Web - Users can visit the AskMeNow mobile search portal at m.askmenow.com.
- SMS (Text Messaging) — AskMeNow allows users to find information on their mobile devices by sending questions via SMS messages. AskMeNow answers them using a combination of proprietary search technology and human assistance. The answers are sent back as SMS text messages, SMS to WAP messages, or email. End of service March 2008.
- Mobile Applications — A GUI is offered via mobile applications. AskMeNow applications are offered on platforms including BlackBerry, Treo, Windows Mobile, Java ME, Symbian and Pocket PC.
Partnerships and acquisitions
AskMeNow Inc. partnered with a variety of content publishers to offer mobile access to these publishers’ content. These partnerships include NHL, Merriam-Webster, Encyclopædia Britannica, and Guinness World Records.
- Mobile search — mobile search article
- Mobile local search — article on mobile search for 'local things' such as nearby businesses, events, traffic reports, etc.
- ↑ Dialing Up Answers by Monica Alleven of Wireless Week
- ↑ Puck drops on AskMeNow/NHL deal
- ↑ AskMeNow and Merriam-Webster Launch Mobile Dictionary
- ↑ Encyclopaedia Britannica Selects AskMeNow to Launch Mobile Encyclopedia
- ↑ Guinness World Records(TM) Selects AskMeNow to Provide Mobile Access to Its Extensive World Record Database
- ↑ Alltel offers AskMeNow mobile answer service
- ↑ Ocean West Holding Corporation (AskMeNow)
- ↑ 8-K Filing