From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Bacn (pronounced bacon) is the term given to electronic messages which have been subscribed to and are therefore not unsolicited but are often unread by the recipient for a long period of time, if at all. Bacn has been described as "email you want but not right now."
Bacn differs from spam in that the emails are not unsolicited: the recipient has somehow signed up to receive it. Bacn is also not necessarily sent in bulk. Bacn derives its name from the idea that it is "better than spam, but not as good as a personal email".
The word has also attracted attention in the professional email marketing community. Commentators have welcomed the distinction from spam and used the term to focus businesses on the need to improve the quality and value (to the recipient) of these kinds of transactional messages.
- ↑ PodCamp Pittsburgh - Home
- ↑ "All We Are Saying". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/weekinreview/23buzzwords.html?ref=weekinreview. Retrieved 2007-12-24. "Bacn: Impersonal e-mail messages that are nearly as annoying as spam but that you have chosen to receive: alerts, newsletters, automated reminders and the like. Popularized at the PodCamp conference in Pittsburgh in August."
- ↑ NPR: Move Over, Spam: 'Bacn' Is the E-Mail Dish du Jour
- ↑ Bacn is good for email marketing
- ↑ Alpha Blog - alpha.cnet.com
- BaconAid Notification management - http://www.baconaid.com/
- New York Times - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/25/business/25online.html?ref=business
- New York Times - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/weekinreview/23buzzwords.html
- NPR - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14032271&ft=1&f=1006
- Boing Boing - http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/22/bacn_spreads_around_.html
- Washington Post - http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2007/08/buzzword_in_progress_bacn_1.html
- The Telegraph (UK) - http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/iandouglas/aug07/bacn-role.htm
- Toronto Star - http://www.thestar.com/News/Ideas/article/249848
- Chicago Tribune - http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/technology_internetcritic/2007/08/the-makin-of-ba.html
- Wired - http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/08/not-spam-but-ba.html
- The Star - http://www.thestar.com/article/249848
- C|NET - http://news.com.com/8301-13577_3-9763146-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|