From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Become.com is a product price comparison service and discovery shopping search engine with a mission to help shoppers make ideal buying decisions. Become.com targets popular products such as electronics, home, garden, computers, cameras, clothing, health, beauty and more.
Become, Inc., was founded in 2004 by entrepreneurs Michael Yang and Yeogirl Yun who also founded mySimon. By Early February, 2005, the original founders added Jon Glick, past Senior Manager of Search at Yahoo and the guy who aided AltaVista, AllTheWeb, and the Inktomi database into Yahoo to their team. Two other executives, Greg Haslam of NexTag, and Tony Pecora of eBay, were also brought on board at Become.com.
Become.com is a privately-held company in Mountain View, California who received an undisclosed amount of funding during their series A round and an additional $7.2 million in the second round of funding, led by Transcosmos venture capital group, while angel investors Rob Conway and Bob Bozeman were also named. On March 14, 2008 Become.com raised $17.5MM in additional funding from TPG Growth Fund. In October 2009, Become.com acquired the German e-commerce technology firm, Pangora. Pangora’s Karlsruhe offices will now be the base for Become’s growing European operations.
Industry Recognition & Awards
Become.com was voted the Best of the Web by Forbes Magazine and Business Week during 2005  and 2006. In addition, Become.com has been mentioned several times on authoritative industry news or press sites including SearchEngineWatch, Forbes, MarketWatch and more. Many of their founders and executives have conducted interviews or QandA's with industry professionals including Marketing Shift, Organized Shopping, ClickZ , InternetNews and eCommerceOptimization.com."Starting Up, Post Bubble.". Technology Review. 2005-05. http://www.technologyreview.com/business/14402/.
Become.com featured as top deal tracking site by PC Magazine (December, 2008) Ten best deal tracking sites 
Become.com Named AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 Winner (January 22, 2009) 
Become.com's AIR technology was published in the August 2009 issue of Communication of the ACM, one of the most prestigious journals in computer science and engineering. The article, Ranking Billions of Web Pages Using Diodes, was written by Rohit Kaul, Yeogirl Yun, and Dr. Seong-Gon Kim and discusses the practical significance of the technology behind AIR ranking compared to other link-based ranking algorithms against search engine spamming techniques. 
- Dulance - search engine
- List of search engines
- Online shop
- Price comparison service
- Search engines
- Vertical search
- ↑ "Become.com Launches Shopping Search Engine.". SearchEngineWatch. 2005-04-11. http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3496571.
- ↑ "MySimon Founders Launch New Engine.". MarketWatch. 2005-02-23. http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7BF199DB4A%2DC2C3%2D4A54%2DA46E%2D1B1ECA29BF73%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=.
- ↑ "Glick Clicks Over to Become.". StepForth. 2005-04-01. http://news.stepforth.com/blog/2005/04/glick-clicks-over-to-become-next.php.
- ↑ "Former eBay exec to head up marketing at Become.com.". InternetRetailer. 2006-04-03. http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18135.
- ↑ "Become.com Gets More Funding.". SearchEngineWatch. 2005-05-31. http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050531-114749.
- ↑ "Become.com Acquires European Comparison Shopping Leader Pangora GmbH.". Become,Inc.. 2009-10-12. http://www.become.com/about/press_center/becomecom-aquires-pangora.html.
- ↑ "Forbes.com Best of the Web.". Forbes.com. 2005-12-01. http://www.forbes.com/bow/b2c/review.jhtml?id=7947.
- ↑ "Q & A With Become CTO Yeogirl Yun.". Marketing Shift. 2005-03-21. http://www.marketingshift.com/2005/3/q-with-become-cto-yeogirl-yun.cfm.
- ↑ "Email Q&A With Michael Yang of Become.com.". Organized Shopping. 2005-03-28. http://www.organizedshopping.com/blog/archives/001260.html.
- ↑ "Q and A With New Shopping Search Engine Become.com, Part 1.". ClickZ. 2005-08-01. http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3523746.
- ↑ "Q and A With New Shopping Search Engine Become.com, Part 2.". ClickZ. 2005-08-15. http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3526236.
- ↑ "Michael Yang, CEO, Founder, Become.com.". InternetNews. 2006-10-13. http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3637816.
- ↑ "Interview: Jon Glick Talks About Become.com.". eCommerceOptimization. 2007-11-05. http://www.ecommerceoptimization.com/articles/interview-jon-glick-talks-about-becomecom/.
- ↑ Become.com Names Comparison Shopping Veteran, Brandon Huff, as President
- ↑ 
- ↑