Bill Warren (founder of online recruiting)
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
Bill Warren, a former corporate human resource executive with Rockwell International and former President of Monster.com, is widely recognized as the founder of online recruiting. Warren was awarded the 1997 Employment Management Association’s prestigious Pericles Pro Meritus Award, an honor presented by EMA in recognition of being the founder of online recruiting on the Internet.
Bill is currently Executive Director of DirectEmployers Association, a non-profit consortium of leading U.S. companies. DirectEmployers Association services include the JobCentral National Labor Exchange, an alliance with The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA).
Online Recruiting History
In August, 1992, Bill Warren founded Online Career Center (OCC), the first employment site on the Internet. He remained president of OCC after it was sold to TMP Worldwide (now Monster Worldwide) in December 1995. OCC was renamed Monster.com and he was named president in December 1998.
- Bill Warren's blog
- JobCentral National Labor Exchange
- DirectEmployers Association
- National Association of State Workforce Agencies
- ↑ ""TMP Worldwide Dominates Ema's Creative Excellence Awards"". Corporate-ir.net. 1997-01-21. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=131001&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=272935. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- ↑ ""JobCentral Board of Directors"". JobCentral.org. http://www.jobcentral.org/aboutus.asp. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- ↑ ""What is the JobCentral National Labor Exchange"". JobCentral.org. http://www.jobcentral.org/about_national_labor_exchange.asp. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- ↑ Eric Shannon (2006-12-28). ""Meet Online Recruiting Founder Bill Warren"". InternetInc.com. http://www.internetinc.com/Meet-Online-Recruiting-Founder-Bill-Warren. Retrieved 2008-08-12.