From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Blogcritics is a popular online magazine of news and opinion. The site — a self-proclaimed "sinister cabal of superior writers" — was founded in 2002 by Eric Olsen and Phillip Winn. Blogcritics features hundreds of original articles every week, and maintains an archive of all published content.
Beginning with only 50 members, Blogcritics has since gathered over 2,000 contributors who work to provide original content. Blogcritics has a democratic nature; anyone with a personal blog is eligible to contribute. At the forefront of the Blogcritics enterprise is site publisher and co-owner, Eric Olsen, who was named to the AlwaysOn/Technorati Open Media 100—a "power list of bloggers, social networkers, tool smiths, and investors leading the Open Media Revolution." Working alongside Olsen is a team of over 20 editors who work on the site. These editors review every article prior to publication on the site.
Since the site's inception in 2002, Blogcritics has picked up a strong popular following and garnered critical acclaim. It has won several Blog awards including a Bloggie and a Forbes.com Best Media Blog. In addition, the site is an accredited news source for both Google News and Yahoo! News. 
Blogcritics also has a number of affiliated websites. These sites are maintained by current members of Blogcritics, but are separate from the Blogcritics enterprise. These include:
- Desicritics - Published by Aaman Lamba, Desicritics is an online magazine that explores the world from the perspective of people from South Asia, or Desis.
- Confessions Of A Fanboy - Published by Josh Hathaway, it is about contemporary rock music.
- GlossLip - Published by Dawn Olsen (wife of Eric Olsen), a celebrity news site. It also features articles discussing Scientology and current events.
- Online Media Cultist - Published by Eric Berlin, discussion of internet media and related.
In August 2008 the blog search engine Technorati acquired Blogcritics for an undisclosed amount of money. As a result, publisher Olsen and technical director Phillip Winn became full-time Technorati employees. One of the first ventures from the two entities was that writers for Blogcritics began writing descriptions of Technorati tags. In April 2009, Blogcritics also had a complete site redesign, also switching content management systems.
- Publisher - Eric Olsen
- Technical Director - Phillip Winn
- Executive Editor - Lisa McKay
- ↑ Blogcritics about page
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Media release about Blogcritics redesign
- ↑ "Online Magazine Blogcritics Redesigns, Streamlines, Redefines What It Means to be Superior"
- ↑ "Technorati Acquires BlogCritics, Gets Into Content Game". TechCrunch. August 26, 2008. http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/08/26/technorati-acquires-blogcritics-gets-into-content-game/. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- ↑ http://mashable.com/2009/02/03/technorati-tag-pages/
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/28/AR2009042800013.html