From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Buzznet.com is a photo, journal, and video-sharing social media network. Like other social networking sites, Buzznet is a place for members to share content based on their personal interests. Unlike classic social networks, which focus primarily on messaging and profile pages, Buzznet members participate in communities that are created around ideas, events and interests; most predominantly, music, celebrities and the media.
Buzznet.com was founded by Marc Brown, Steve Haldane, Kevin Woolery and Anthony Batt. The site officially launched in 2005 when the company received private funding from Anthem Venture Partners. Before the end of 2005, newspapers and journalists utilized Buzznet’s photo galleries. Newspapers that joined Buzznet for its photo-sharing capabilities include the Houston Chronicle for Hurricane Rita coverage, the Miami Herald for Hurricane Wilma coverage, and the Biloxi, Miss. Sun-Herald for Hurricane Katrina coverage.
In April 2007 Buzznet hosted the official online community for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. In May 2007 Buzznet received a $6 million round of funding from Redpoint Ventures and previous investors, Anthem Venture Partners.
In July 2007 Tyler Goldman was named CEO.
In March 2008 Buzznet received an additional funding round of $25 million
In May 2008, Buzznet announced a partnership with TheGauntlet.com for its heavy metal music content. Unlike its other music site buyouts, this is Buzznet's first and only content partnership.
 Buzznet overview
 Homepage content
The Buzznet homepage links site viewers to music, pop culture, community, photo, and video pages on Buzznet. On the homepage, recent news about celebrities, musicians and other elements of pop culture is displayed and frequently updated. The homepage also contains a search utility, capable of locating a search query within all Buzznet media.
Banners displayed on the homepage link to Buzznet’s contest groups and Buzznet polls. Each Buzznet contest is typically endorsed by a band, celebrity, or record label. Past contests include “Get Dressed by Avril” Merch Model Search, endorsed by pop-rock icon, Avril Lavigne, and "Feel the Elite Beat" Dance Video Contest sponsored by Nintendo. The homepage also links to music features, festival updates, and Internet stars.
 User pages
User pages are controlled by individual members and can be customized with colors and text. Upon sign in, registered members are prompted to upload videos, photos, or post journals, all of which can be tagged to appropriate tag topic pages.
 Tag topic pages
Tag topic pages house all photos, videos, journals, and links that have been tagged to a particular topic. Topics are most commonly a band, celebrity, or content genre. Tag topic pages also have a user-generated forum that hosts open discussions on subjects related to the tag.
 Group pages
Group pages have features similar to tag topic pages, but are generally more content-specific and exclusive. Group pages are generally used for contests, events, and fan bases.
Members are recognized for their popularity in the Buzznet community based on the amount of buzz they receive. Each photo, video, and journal can receive buzz from other members. Top buzzed members and top content contributors are recognized throughout the site.
 Artists (bands)
Bands such as The All-American Rejects, The Maine (band), All Time Low, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, HIM  AFI, Cartel, New Found Glory, Boys Like Girls, Blaqk Audio, Anberlin, The Sunpilots, Fall Out Boy, and Lostprophets  maintain user pages and semi-active blogs on Buzznet.
 Buzznet mobile
Users can access Buzznet from a mobile device in four different ways. They can upload content directly via email, with ShoZu, or access their account with mobile and iPhone versions of the site. With the mobile version, users can update their account, upload photos, and post journals.
Buzznet.com has partnered with the Honda Civic Tour and Friends or Enemies. Like Buzznet, Friends or Enemies is a site that facilitates dialogue between bands and their fans. Bands on Friends or Enemies include Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, and Gym Class Heroes.
- ↑ Hilary Potkewitz (2006). ""Buzzing"". Los Angeles Business Journal. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-5423643/Insider-pages-moving-into-venture.html.
- ↑ ""Buzznet and the Houston Chronicle Offer Site to Share Storm Images and Tales"". PR Newswire. 2005. http://www.mywire.com/pubs/PRNewswire/2005/09/24/1025027?&pbl=15.
- ↑ LeeAnn Prescott (2007). ""Buzznet and IMEEM: Fast Growing Social Networks"". Hitwise. http://weblogs.hitwise.com/leeann-prescott/2007/03/buzznet_and_imeem_fast_growing.html.
- ↑ Jeff Leeds (2007). ""Coachella: Capturing the Buzz"". The New York Times. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04/28/coachella-capturing-the-buzz/.
- ↑ Duncan Riley (2007). ""Buzznet Lands $6 Million"". Techcrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/24/buzznet-lands-6million/.
- ↑ ""Buzznet Names Internet Veteran Tyler Goldman as CEO to Continue Driving Substantial Growth"". PR Newswire. 2007. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-32467624_ITM.
- ↑ Paul Glazowski (2008). ""Buzznet Nabs a Purported $25m in Funding; Adds Stereogum To Roster"". Mashable. http://mashable.com/2008/03/29/buzznet-funding/.
- ↑ Paul Glazowski (2008). ""Buzznet Confirms Stereogum Deal; Plans to Launch “Videogum” Next Week"". Mashable. http://mashable.com/2008/04/03/buzznet-steregum-videogum/. | author = Joseph Weisenthal | year = 2008 | title = "Denton Slims Down Gawker Media" | publisher = Washington Post | accessdate = | url = http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/14/AR2008041401235.html }}
- ↑ Joseph Weisenthal (2008). ""Denton Slims Down Gawker Media"". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/14/AR2008041401235.html.
- ↑ MTV News Staff (2007). ""Avril's Merch Model Search"". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1559054/20070508/lavigne_avril.jhtml.
- ↑ Flynn De Marco (2006). ""The Elite Beat Agents Dance Video Contest"". Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/gaming/tag/the-elite-beat-agents-dance-video-contest-221937.php.
- ↑ "All Time Low's Profile on Buzznet". http://alltimelow.buzznet.com/user/main/.
- ↑ "30 Seconds to Mars' Profile on Buzznet". http://30stm.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "Cartel's Profile on Buzznet". http://cartel.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "Boys Like Girls' Profile on Buzznet". http://boyslikegirls.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "Blaqk Audio's Profile on Buzznet". http://blaqkaudio.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "Anberlin's Profile on Buzznet". http://thesunpilots.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "The Sunpilots' Profile on Buzznet". http://anberlin.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ "Lostprophets' Profile on Buzznet". http://lostprophets.buzznet.com/user/.
- ↑ Buzznet Mobile
- ↑ Kristen Nicole (2007). "Honda Civic Tour Partners with Friends or Enemies for UGC Fan Community". Mashable. http://mashable.com/2007/05/16/honda-friendsorenemies/.
- ↑ Tila's Hot Spot
- ↑ no byline (2008-05-20). "Buzznet Acquires Alternative Music Community Absolute Punk", Science Letter, p. 3577.
- ↑ Harding, Cortney (2008-07-26). "Under the Influence", Billboard 120 (30): 10.
- Buzznet Hits Sweet Spotmashable.com. Retrieved on 2008-02-19.