CMS Made Simple
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Developer(s)||Ted Kulp (Project Leader)|
|Stable release||1.6.6 / October 3, 2009|
|Type||Content management system, Community|
|License||GNU General Public License|
CMS Made Simple is an open source package, built using PHP with support for MySQL and PostgreSQL. The template system is driven using the Smarty Template Engine. CMS Made Simple aims to provide easy development and customization with themes, add-on modules, dynamic menus, tags and translations.
CMS Made Simple has a web-based admin section for theme, template, and stylesheet development, installing and updating add-on modules, configuring page content blocks, and user groups and permissions.
Modules and Themes
CMS Made Simple itself is designed as a base package that does not impose unnecessary modules and functionality on the user. It requires that site owners add modules and tags appropriate to the site. A small number of core modules are included with the default installation, notably a news manager, search function, and WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE).
Popular add-on modules
- Form Builder
- Company and User Directories
- e-Commerce / shops
- Numerous additional modules are available via the module repository or Module Manager
Create: The internal template and stylesheet system allows for painless Theme creation. (Video Illustrating the Process) Download: Downloadable themes are currently available in a themes repository.
- Web server with PHP 4.3.x to PHP 5.2.x (NOT PHP 5.3) (Linux/Unix, Windows 2000/XP/ME/2003, OS X)
- CMS Made Simple does not officially support PHP safe mode
- Minimum 16MiB of available memory for PHP
- PHP tokenizer support enabled
- ImageMagick or GD enabled
- MySQL 4.1+ or PostgreSQL 7 +
- Access to your server to upload files and change some permissions
Support for CMS Made Simple includes the content installed by default, built-in help, online docs, commercial/paid support, and a community.
CMS Made Simple holds an annual meeting for its enthusiasts known as The Geek Moot where how-to seminars and Q&A discussions are held.
- Oct, 2009 - Three Quarters of a Million Downloads Reached
- CMSWire/water&stone | 2009 Open Source CMS Market Share Report - Listed in the 20 most popular content management product
- CMSCritic | Top 5 SEO Friendly Content Management Systems
- CMSWire | CMS Made Simple Goes Through a Major Rework in 1.6
- CMS Comparison
- Packt Publishing | 2007 Most Promising Open Source CMS - 3rd Place
- Packt Publishing | 2008 Most Promising Open Source CMS - 2nd Place
- Packt Publishing | 2008 Best PHP Open Source CMS - 2nd Place
- Adobe Edge | Review of open source content management systems
- CMS Wire | Drupal vs eZ Publish vs WordPress vs CMS Made Simple
- Review of Open Source Content Management Systems
- Official site of CMS made simple
- Official Support Forum
- Official Core & Module Development Forge
- Official Documentation
- Live Demo
- Tutorial for beginners