From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into Cascading Style Sheets. (Discuss)|
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (February 2009)
|Cascading Style Sheets|
A CSS framework, also known as a web design framework is a pre-prepared library that is meant to allow for easier, more standards-compliant styling of a webpage using the Cascading Style Sheets language. Just like programming and scripting language libraries, CSS frameworks (usually packaged as external .css sheets inserted into the header) package a number of ready-made options for designing and outlaying a webpage.
- Tableless web design.
- Faster development.
- Cross-browser compatibility.
- Facilitate code generators and visual editors.
- Lack of flexibility outside the limitations of the framework
- Bloated source code
- Additional HTTP requests for multiple files
- Lack of substantial additional features beyond what is already available with CSS
- Blueprint (CSS framework)
- YUI Grids (CSS framework)
- YAML (CSS framework)
- Elastic (CSS framework)
- 960 Grid System
- snowdust (CSS framework)
- CSScaffold (CSS framework for PHP)
- compass (CSS framework based on Sass)
- Baseline (HTML5 ready CSS framework)
- The Golden Grid (CSS framework)
- floatz (CSS framework)