From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Founded||Mountain View, CA, USA (2000)|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, CA, USA|
|Key people||Frank Zamani, CEO, Founder|
Caspio, Inc. is a provider of a web database application building platform called Caspio Bridge. The company also develops pre-built web applications. It is classified as both a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider.
The company has a wide array of customers, including Fortune-500 corporations, digital media companies, government agencies, educational institutions, small businesses, non-profits, and individual entrepreneurs. They claim that over 80% of America’s largest newspapers use Caspio Bridge.
Caspio was founded in 2000 by Frank Zamani, who is currently its President and CEO. The company released the first version of Caspio Bridge in 2001. Corporate headquarters are located in Mountain View, California. Caspio, Inc. is a privately-held corporation. 
Caspio’s primary service, Caspio Bridge, is a web-based database platform that allows users to create interactive web applications without the need for programming. The database platform is designed to allow tech-savvy business users to create web forms, databases, and enterprise management applications. 
The platform utilizes point-and-click wizards. By eliminating programming and hardware, application building becomes faster and more affordable. The web-based software guides users through building custom applications by combining web forms, database searches, reports, widgets, password protection, mobile applications, and email triggers.
Caspio Bridge's back-end is built on Microsoft's .Net framework and Microsoft SQL Server. 
Caspio Bridge users also have access to ready-made applications. Such applications include website automation, task management, membership management, and lead generation. Additionally, the company builds specialized applications.
Current Platform Version
Caspio released version 6.5 of Caspio Bridge in October 2009. The version contains over 20 updates including;
Search Engine Optimized (SEO) Deployment - Allows search engine crawlers to see the data served by Caspio and attribute it to a user's website.
AutoValues for Capturing User IP Addresses and Site URLs - Record the IP Address and Host of an application user for tracking or auditing purposes.
New Import Formats - Support for Microsoft Excel Workbooks, Fixed Width Text, and Custom XML for XML-structured data.
Secure User Blocking by IP Address - Denies access to specific IP addresses or IP ranges, or grants access to one or more IP address while blocking all others.
Dot NET Deployment - Deployment for Dot Net applications and systems such as Microsoft SharePoint or ASPX websites.
- ↑ "Caspio corporate overview". http://www.caspio.com/company/. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- ↑ Brynko, Barbara. "Creating Do–It–Yourself Databases with Caspio". http://www.cio-today.com/news/Create-DIY-Databases-with-Caspio/story.xhtml?story_id=11000DAKB5DI&full_skip=1. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- ↑ Gibbs, Mark. "Caspio: A SaaS provider with a different approach". http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/web/2006/1106web1.html. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Google Mashup Editor (Deprecated, since January 14, 2009)
- IBM Mashup Center
- Microsoft Popfly
- Mozilla Ubiquity
- New York Times: "Gritty and Profitable In a Tough Market"
- CIO Today: Creating Do–It–Yourself Databases with Caspio
- NetworkWorld: Caspio: A SaaS Provider with a different approach
- ZDNet: Social Business News: Nov. 6, 2008
- New York Times: A Web–based app builder with a Microsoft Twist
- Editor & Publisher: Caspio Offers Turnkey Recipe Guide for Web Site Visitors
- Smallbiztechnology.com: Caspio ExpressDB Rocks: While Web 2.0 Has the Lime Light, Web Forms are the Rage
- BloggingStocks: Entrepreneur's Journal: Taking your website to the next level
- BloggingStocks: Can Caspio's hyper local apps' save the newspaper biz?
- eWeek: Caspio to Give SMBs a Break From Database Coding
- PC Magazine: Getting to First Database – PC Magazine Reviews Caspio Bridge
- You Tube: Caspio Website Marketing Suite–Essential Marketing Tools and Web Database