From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Founder||Edwin Ong & Alex Vikati|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, US|
|Type of site||Video search engine|
|Current status||Open Beta|
CastTV is an Internet video search and aggregation company based in San Francisco, California. It was founded in 2006 by Edwin Ong and Alex Vikati. Services include a video search engine and the licensing of video search technology to media companies.
CastTV's search index incorporates both popular and longtail content, including TV shows , movies, celebrity, news, sports and viral videos.  The company filters out expired videos, duplicate videos and video spam.
- Early 2006: CastTV is founded by husband and wife entrepreneurs, Edwin Ong and Alex Vikati.
- December 2006: CastTV secures its first customer: Gemstar - TV Guide. 
- April 2007: CastTV raises a $3.1M Series A from Draper Fisher Jurvetson and additional funding from investors including Ron Conway and Marc Andreesen. Advisors include Rajeev Motwani and Timothy Chou.
- Currently: CastTV is in open beta.
- ↑ About CastTV, by CastTV Inc., retrieved on June 3, 2008.
- ↑ The Best Guides to Watching TV Online, by Liz Gannes, NewTeeVee, September 25, 2009.
- ↑ Beyond YouTube: New Ways to Find Video on the Web, by Joseph De Avila, The Wall Street Journal, October 30, 2008.
- ↑ New companies launch: Yap, Cognitive Code, Viewdle, Faroo & more, by Chris Morrison, VentureBeat, June 3, 2007.
- ↑ Gemstar-TV Guide Licenses Online-Search Technology, by Todd Spangler, Multichannel News, June 21, 2007.
- ↑ CastTV Raises $3.1 Million, Battles Google And AOL In Video Search, by Mike Arrington, TechCrunch, April 24, 2007.
- ↑ Catch Your Favorite Shows and Viral Videos at CastTV, by Jason Fitzpatrick, Lifehacker, January 14, 2009.