From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Chinwag was founded in 1995 by Sam Michel (Internet consultant), and hosts several of the U.K.'s oldest known electronic mailing lists, including uk-netmarketing. These email lists form the center of the community and include contributions from many notable Internet pioneers and commentators including Bill Thompson, Ivan Pope, and Brent Hoberman.
A sister-site Chinwag Jobs was launched based on Chinwag's uknm-jobs e-mail list, an email-based announcement service for jobs within the Internet and digital media industries. Chinwag Jobs is a recruitment website, about which discussions have appeared in New Media Age.
Chinwag also hosts monthly events under the brand Chinwag Live. These events are informal, panel-based sessions focusing on issues affecting the new media industry. Past speakers include Andrew Orlowski of The Register and Neville Hobson. Chinwag is also known for its periodic, large-scale networking evenings.
- Digital Mission to New York, 14-19 September 2009
- Digital Mission to SXSW interactive, 13-17 March 2009
- ↑ "Re: UKNM: Streams of Conciousness". 1998-10-12. http://www.chinwag.com/uknetmarketing/archive/archive-oct-1998/msg00163.shtml. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ "UKNM: Fwd: RE: Do we care to comment?". 1999-06-22. http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/archive/archive-jun-1999/msg00195.shtml. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ "UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!". 2000-01-06. http://www.chinwag.com/uknetmarketing/archive/archive-jan-2000/msg00080.shtml. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Vicky Grinnell (2001-04-26). "Finding funding you can trust". New Media Age. http://www.newmediaage.co.uk/Articles/19758/Finding+funding+you+can+trust.html. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Justin Pearse (2001-05-03). "Prepare for the search engines". New Media Age. http://www.newmediaage.co.uk/Articles/5444/+Prepare+for+the+search+engines.html. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Alan Mitchell (2001-05-10). "Viral marketing: kill or cure?". New Media Age. http://www.newmediaage.co.uk/Articles/8772/Viral+marketing+kill+or+cure.html. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Michael Nutley (2001-05-17). "Keeping clear of viruses". New Media Age. http://www.newmediaage.co.uk/Articles/8593/Keeping+clear+of+viruses.html. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ "What happens when Web 2.0 meets Bubble 2.0?". http://live.chinwag.com/wobble2. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ "PR Unspun". http://live.chinwag.com/prunspun. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Ben Bold (2007-06-11). "Chinwag attracts three sponsors for digital networking event". Brand Republic. http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/663298/Chinwag-attracts-three-sponsors-digital-networking-event/. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- ↑ Jemima Kiss. "Another digital mission to the west...". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2008/jul/09/anotherdigitalmissiontothe. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|