From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Headquarters||313 - 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver, Canada|
|Key people||Dean Gagnon, President & Co-founder</br> Sunny Hirai, Co-founder|
|Products||Websites, Website Design, Website Hosting, and eCommerce|
CityMax.com is an online website builder that includes an ecommerce shopping cart. It was launched in 1999 and is targeted to small business owners with little website design or programming experience.
Technology and Services
The CityMax website builder is web-based software that requires no plug-ins or downloads and is available by monthly, 6-month, or yearly subscription. Customers are able to sign in through an internet connection to build, edit, and manage their websites and web stores.
The software operates on a website design template system, which allows users to choose from free, pre-designed templates. However, they also offer professional design services for those that prefer custom design work.
In 1999, CityMax.com was founded by two former classmates from the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), Dean Gagnon and Sunny Hirai, along with Victor Nomura and Emily Hirai. Prior to CityMax, Sunny Hirai also founded Suite101.com. The goal of CityMax.com was to provide an all-in-one website and ecommerce solution for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
In September 2008, CityMax moved to an office in the historic Gastown area of downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada.
CityMax.com President Dean Gagnon is a vocal supporter of entrepreneurs and in November 2009 he was one of the judges that selected Milun Tesovic as the winner of the 2009 Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA).
Recognition & Awards
- September 2008 - CityMax.com received a WebAward from the Web Marketing Association for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development.
- January 2009 - Dean Gagnon, CityMax’s President, was listed as one of the “2008 BIV Forty Under 40” by Business in Vancouver Magazine for his accomplishments with CityMax and other ventures.
- May 2009 - CityMax.com was awarded ad:tech's People's Choice Award in the category of Best B2B Marketing Website.
- June 2009 - CityMax.com was listed as one of PROFIT Magazine's NEXT 100 Emerging Businesses in Canada.
- September 2009 - CityMax.com received its second WebAward from the Web Marketing Association for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development.
- November 2009 - CityMax.com President Dean Gagnon selected to judge Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.
- November 2009 - CityMax.com recognized as the #2 Best Company to Work for in BC by BCBusiness Magazine.
- December 2009 - CityMax.com President Dean Gagnon featured in the Wall Street Journal for his team motivation tactics.
- January 2010 - CityMax.com "Homepreneur of the Year" contest referenced in Entrepreneur.com Daily Dose.
- ↑ "CityMax Announces eBay Live! 2007 Diamond Pin Winner" PR Web. Retrieved on 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "CityMax Now Offers Google Marketing Tools to Help Clients Earn Money Online " PR Web. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "Searchfeed.com Announces Partnership with CityMax" PR Web. Retrieved on 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "Global Resource Systems Forges Partnership with CityMax" Global Resource Systems. Retrieved on 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "2008 WebAward – Outstanding Achievement in Website Development, Small Business Standard of Excellence" Web Marketing Association. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "2008 BIV Forty under 40" Business in Vancouver. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- ↑ "2009 ad:tech Awards" ad:tech. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- ↑ "2009 NEXT 100" Canadian Business Online. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- ↑ "2009 WebAward - Outstanding Achievement in Website Development, Small Business Standard of Excellence" Web Marketing Association.
- ↑ "CityMax.com President Dean Gagnon Selected to Judge Global Student Entrepreneur Awards" CityMax.com.
- ↑ "2009 Best Companies to Work for in BC" BCBusiness Magazine.
- ↑ "How I... Motivate Staff with Dogs & Street Hockey" The Wall Street Journal Online.
- ↑ "Homepreneur Winners Keep Growing Despite Downturn" Entrepreneur.com Daily Dose.