From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Clearspace Logo v1-2.png|
Jive Software Clearspace
|Stable release||2.5.9 |
Clearspace is a commercial Java EE based Enterprise 2.0 collaboration and knowledge management tool produced by Jive Software. It has been superseded by Jive SBS 3.0 which incorporates and extends all the Clearspace functionality.
Clearspace is unusual in that it integrates the functionality of discussion forums, blogs, wikis, IM chat and VOIP under one unified user interface. From a user perspective, input is fairly format-agnostic as collaborative content placed into any system (blog, wiki, documentation, etc) can later be retrieved through use of a common search interface. Other features include RSS capability, email integration, a reputation and reward system for participation, personal user profiles, JAX-WS web service interoperability, and integration with the Spring framework.
The product is a pure-Java server-side web application and will run on any platform where Java (JDK 1.5 or better) is installed. It does not require a dedicated server -- Clearspace users have reported successful deployment in both shared environments and multiple machine clusters.
Clearspace Server Requirements
- Application Servers
- Jive recommends a server with at least 1GB of RAM and one 1.5 GHz processor.
- Clearspace easily integrates with an LDAP repository or Active Directory.
- For optimal deployment with a large community Jive recommends:
- A server with 2GB of RAM and 2 CPUs for additional thread performance.
- The application and database servers be hosted separately.
- ↑ "Clearspace Release Notes". http://www.jivesoftware.com/builds/docs/clearspace/2.5.9/ClearspaceReleaseNotes.html.
- ↑ "All that Jive: Putting the 'social' into business software". http://blogs.zdnet.com/collaboration/?p=388.