From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (February 2008)|
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Key people||Rikki Tahta, Founder and CEO|
Perry Blacher, Founder & Director, Marketing
Simon Veingard, Founder & Director, Operations & Technology
|Products||Real trade sharing service|
Covestor is an online real-trade sharing service to enable self-directed investors to compete with professional fund managers.  Launched in June 2007 , and founded on the belief that successful investment strategy is not the sole province of money management firms, Covestor enables investors to share real investment decisions, gain recognition and earn fees by helping others .
Covestor raised $6.5m in April 2008, in a round led by Union Square Ventures and Spark Capital who were also joined by Amadeus Capital Partners.  Other investors include private investors from the financial markets in New York and London and Independent News & Media , whose CEO Sir Anthony O'Reilly was formerly a board member of the NYSE.  The firm has been widely covered in the press, including The Wall Street Journal , Barron's , Reuters  and Business Week.  Covestor has numerous competitors, including Collective2.com, which, in addition to trading of stocks, allows social investing in futures, options, and foreign exchange.
- ↑ Wall Street & Technology (10-11-07) New Online Investing Site Covestor Presents A Threat to Fund Managers. http://www.wallstreetandtech.com/blog/archives/2007/10/new_online_inve.html Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Malik, Om. (06-04-07) With Covestor, everyone is a money manager. GigaOm. http://gigaom.com/2007/06/04/covestor/. Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Janowski, Davis D. (09-10-07) Advisers find value in new investor-focused websites. InvestmentNews. http://www.investmentnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070910/FREE/70905005/1035/TECHNOLOGY Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Schonfeld, Erik (04-07-08) Social Investing Site Covestor Raises $6.5 Million. Techcrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/07/social-investing-site-covester-raises-65-million-in-series-a/ Retrieved 04-11-08.
- ↑ Covestor website http://www.covestor.com/about/covestor Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Independent News & Media plc website. http://www.inmplc.com/main.php?menu=menu2&mb=mgt Retrieved 03-03-08.
- ↑ Kim, Jane J. (06-14-07) A Slew of New Web Sites Are Trying to Attract Young People By Combining Social Networking With Personal Finance. Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118177906703834565.html. Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Carey, Theresa W. (06-26-07) Pick Your Own Online Stock Sherpa. Barron's. http://online.barrons.com/article/SB118197317426437759.html Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Reuters (07-02-07) Covestor creates stage for virtual money managers. http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsNews/idUSN0238016820070702?pageNumber=2&sp=true Retrieved 02-28-08.
- ↑ Bogoslaw, David (11-13-07) Investing: The Net Wisdom of Peers. Business Week. http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/nov2007/pi20071112_053010.htm Retrieved 02-28-08.