DbForge Studio for MySQL
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Stable release||3.50 / 19 March 2009|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, Russian|
|Website||dbForge Studio for MySQL at Devart's website|
dbForge Studio for MySQL has three editions: Express, Standard, and Professional.
Express is a free software, which provides basic functionality for working with schema objects, user accounts, and SQL scripts.
Standard includes all must-have tools for database developers, such as a debugger, a Query Builder, code templates, object search, various export and maintenance wizards.
Professional is a fully-featured software for professional work with database projects, comparing schema and project data, debugging stored procedures and scripts, creating complex queries, and etc.
The first version was released on 12 April 2005 under the name "MyDeveloper Studio".
Through 3 years of development the product has raised up to the version 3.0 (released on 01-August-2008), and got a new name - "dbForge Studio for MySQL" as well as a lot of new features and improvements.
dbForge Studio for MySQL has got both all features common for most of the database tools and some unique functionality. Here is a list of main features of dbForge Studio (version 3.50):
- Database Designer - a visual online database design tool for MySQL. It provides the complete picture of all the tables, foreign key relations between them, views, and stored routines of the required database; enables reverse engineering of databases to IDEF1X or IE diagrams, which can be easily printed.
- Database project for offline database development - includes the capability to integrate various SQL and script files into a single project, group them into folders, and manage in one place. You can build your project to one script file or several ones and easily deploy on the server.
- Advanced stored routine debugger - uses database server as an engine for checking user created SQL scripts and automates debugging of stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Schema and data comparison and synchronization tools - provide quick and clear performance, guarantee convenient analysis and management of comparison results in windows and the desired synchronization result on the first try.
- SQL code editor - includes context-sensitive code completion, automatic SQL syntax check and highlighting, customizable SQL formatting, uick code navigation, etc.
- Visual Query Builder - сreates the most complex queries in a state-of-the-art diagram.
- Convenient schema object editors - simplify management of tables, views, procedures, functions, triggers, events, and user-defined functions (UDF).
- Integrated Security Manager - automates management of users and their privileges.
- Server maintenance toolkit - contains the table maintenance wizard for check, analysis, repair, and optimisation of tables and service control for starting and stopping MySQL servers.
- Schema export and import wizards - simplify database schema export and import operations with additional options.
- SQL template library: an integrated library of common SQL script templates.
- Schema object search engine: built-in schema objects search.
- Multi-format data export: customizable data export to widely-used formats: CSV, DBF, HTML, MS Access, MS Excel, ODBC, PDF, RTF, Text, and XML.
The latest version of dbForge Studio for MySQL is 3.50. It features the following:
- Online database design tool for MySQL - to present a database structure visually, simplify viewing and editing properties of database objects, retrieving data, executing stored routines, etc.
- Improved schema and data comparison
- Optimized approach in working with large SQL scripts
- Up to 100 usability improvements