From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
DocFetcher is an open source desktop search application that runs on Microsoft Windows and Linux. It is written in Java and has a Standard Widget Toolkit based graphical user interface.
Unlike prominent desktop search engines such as Google Desktop, it only searches in documents, and only in folders that have been selected by the user.
- Supports all major document formats, including PDF, HTML, Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.org
- Can be customized to index any kind of source code file
- Automatically updates its indexes whenever files are modified
- Portable version available
- Detection of pairs of HTML files (e.g. foo.html and foo_files)
- Exclusion of files from indexing based on regular expressions
- ↑ "Desktop Search Engine DocFetcher". ghacks.net. 2009-06-08. http://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/08/desktop-search-engine-docfetcher/. Retrieved 2009-07-24.