From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type of site||social network|
Dopplr is a free social networking service, launched in 2007, that allows users to create itineraries of their travel plans and spot correlations with their contacts’ travel plans in order to arrange meetings at any point on their journey. Additional features include allowing the user to calculate the carbon footprint their journeys have produced. The site is named after Christian Doppler, discoverer of the Doppler effect. The company is based in the Old Street area of London.
- Marko Ahtisaari - CEO
- Matt Biddulph - CTO
- Dan Gillmor - Founding Traveller
- Matt Jones - Design Director
- Saul Klein - Board
- Lisa Sounio - Chairman of the Board
In the press
Investors in Dopplr
First angel round investors in it include Martin Varsavsky, Joichi Ito, Reid Hoffman, Saul Klein and Marko Ahtisaari. Second-round investors in fall 2008 were: Tom Glocer, Esther Dyson, Tyler Brule, Joshua Schachter, Brian Behlendorf, Ami Hasan, Daniel Sachs, Kim Weckström and Azeem Azhar.
- Company profile on CrunchBase
- “Let’s do Lunch in London”. Vivienne Walt, Time Magazine, February 2008.
- ↑ Bobbie Johnson (2007-07-30). "Dopplr.com". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/jul/30/dopplr. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ↑ Marko Ahtisaari (28 sep. 2009). "Nokia Acquires Dopplr". http://blog.dopplr.com/2009/09/28/nokia-acquires-dopplr/. Retrieved 28 sep. 2009.
- ↑ Edward Lewine (2007-11-18). "The Encyclopedist’s Lair". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine/18wwln-domains-t.html. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ↑ "The 1000: London’s Most Influential People 2007". Evening Standard. 2007-11-29. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23415149-details/New+Media/article.do. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ↑ "The 1000: London’s Most Influential People 2008". Evening Standard. 2008-10-08. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23563066-details/New+Media/article.do. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- ↑ Jemima Kiss (2008-01-30). "James Murdoch joint top in exec poll". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jan/30/digitalmedia.googlethemedia. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ↑ "Nokia To Acquire UK Startup Dopplr". 2009-09-23. http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/23/nokia-to-acqure-uk-startup-dopplr/. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- ↑ Matt Marshall (2007-09-04). "Dopplr, a trip-sharing site for the jet set". VentureBeat.com. http://venturebeat.com/2007/09/04/dopplr-a-trip-sharing-site-for-the-jet-set/. Retrieved 2008-07-31.