From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Ed Krol was the network manager at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications and the former assistant director of Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is also the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Internet and The Whole Internet User's Guide and Catalog.
NCSA and NIS
In 1985, he began working at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications. Indeed, "Ed Krol was the network manager for the NCSA when the contract was received to establish the NSFNet, and led the team in the network development" . During this time, he published (through funding by the National Science Foundation), the 1987 popular user's guide Hitchhiker's Guide to the Internet. In 1989, he became the assistant director for Network Information Services, Computing and Communications Service Office, University of Illinois.
In 1992, he published the popular user's guide to the Internet, The Whole Internet User's Guide and Catalog, which was noted by the New York Public Library as one of its Books of the Century in 1995.
- The Whole Internet: The Next Generation (1999)
- The Whole Internet for Windows 95 (1995)
- "What is the Internet?", with E. Hoffman (1993)
- Whole Internet User's Guide and Catalog (1992)
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Internet (1987)
- Krol takes time for self, travel and volunteering during retirement
- New York Public Library, Books of the Century
- Template:Gutenberg author
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|