From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Edicy is a simple tool for creating websites online. It's built for small businesses globally and focuses on users with little or no experience with computers. The light-weight user interface offers drag and drop editing experience and makes it one of the fastest tools to build websites with. Edicy features rich text and photo editing, picture galleries, form builder and supports multi-language site structure.
Edicy is compatible with all the major browsers -- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome. Major competitors of Edicy are Weebly, Yola, Jimdo, Webnode, Squarespace, Webs, Google Sites.
Company behind Edicy was founded by designer Tõnu Runnel, developer Priit Haamer, a Skype team lead Märt Kelder and a Skype co-founder and former Chief Engineer, Toivo Annus.
Edicy was founded in October 2007. First private, closed beta was launched on March 2008. Edicy is publicly available since August 2008.
Awards and nominations
- Edicy received the gold prize at Estonian Internet Awards competition
- Nominee for startup competition winner at Le Web finals 2008
- Simplified Chinese
- ↑ 'Dell, Jolie (July 19, 2009). The Codeless Website: Four Awesome Tools for Creating Cool, No-Tech Sites. ReadWriteWeb. Retrieved on December 1, 2009.
- ↑ Edicy support page. Retrieved on December 1, 2009.
- ↑ Tänavsuu, Toivo (November 30, 2009). Outstanding Trio: Comparison of Three most Promising Estonian Internet Start-ups. Tigerprises. Retrieved on December 1, 2009.
- ↑ Guseva, Irina (Aug 6, 2008). New Kid on the WCM Block: Edicy. CMSWire. Retrieved on December 1, 2009.
- ↑ Edicy Launches private beta
- ↑ http://developer.edicy.com Edicy developer documentation
- ↑ Estonian Best internet 2009 award winners