From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Evince 2.26.1 displaying a PDF
|Developer(s)||The Evince Team|
|Stable release||2.28.1 / October 19, 2009|
|Preview release||2.29.1 / October 26, 2009|
|Operating system||Linux, Solaris, BSD, other Unix-like, Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Evince began as a rewrite of GPdf, which its support programmers had started to find unwieldy to maintain. Evince quickly surpassed the functionality of GPdf and replaced both GPdf and GGV in the September 2005 release of GNOME 2.12.
Evince incorporates an integrated search that displays the number of results found and highlights the results on the page. Users can optionally display (in the left sidebar of the viewer) thumbnails of pages to assist in page navigation within a document. When documents support indices, Evince gives the option of showing the document index for quickly moving from one section to another.
Evince can show two pages at a time, left and right, and offers full-screen and slide-show views.
Evince allows the selection of text in PDF files and allows users to highlight and copy text from documents made from scanned images, if the PDF includes OCR data.
Supported document formats
Evince supports many different single and multi-page document formats:
- Built-in support
- Optional support
- DjVu using the DjVuLibre backend
- OpenDocument Presentation when built with the
- Images (currently included as a toy, but needs work)
- CBR, CBZ, CB7 (Comic Book Archive file)
- Possible or planned support
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gnome.org (June 2008). "Evince - Simply a Document Viewer". http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince/. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- ↑ Villa, Louis (June 2005). "ggv/gpdf and evince". http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-June/msg00057.html. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- ↑ Cumming, Murray, Davyd Madeley et al. (undated). "GNOME 2.12 Release Notes". http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.12/. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- ↑ The GNOME Project (February 2008). "Evince - Features". http://live.gnome.org/Evince/Features. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
|File:Wiktionary-logo-en.svg||Look up evince in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Template:PDF readers Template:GNOME Softwarear:جلاء (برنامج) ast:Evince cs:Evince de:Evince es:Evince eu:Evince fr:Evince ko:에빈스 it:Evince nl:Evince ja:Evince no:Evince pl:Evince pt:Evince ru:Evince sk:Evince sv:Evince th:Evince uk:Evince vi:Evince zh:Evince