From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Evolution's e-mail client
Evolution's calendaring software
|Developer(s)||Novell & GNOME|
|Stable release||Template:Latest stable software release/Novell Evolution|
|Preview release||Template:Latest preview software release/Novell Evolution|
|Operating system||Linux, Mac, Windows|
|Type||Personal information manager|
|License||Evolution: GNU General Public License, Anjal: GNU Lesser General Public License v2 or v3|
Evolution or Novell Evolution (formerly Ximian Evolution, prior to Novell's 2003 acquisition of Ximian) is the official personal information manager and workgroup information management tool for GNOME. It combines e-mail, calendar, address book, and task list management functions. It has been an official part of GNOME since version 2.8 in September 2004. Evolution development is sponsored primarily by Novell.
Its user interface and functionality are similar to Microsoft Outlook. Features include iCalendar support, full-text indexing of all incoming mail, powerful email filters writable in Scheme, and a "Search Folders" feature (i.e., saved searches that look like normal mail folders).
Evolution can be connected to all versions of Microsoft Exchange Server except Exchange 2007 using their web interfaces and an Evolution add-on formerly called Ximian Connector. Using gnome-pilot, it may be synchronized with Palm Pilot devices, and OpenSync enables it to be synchronized with mobile phones and other PDAs.
Evolution 2, which has been available since September 2004, delivers these features:
- integrated connectivity to Novell GroupWise
- integrated connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server
- integrated support for GPG email encryption
- improved offline support for IMAP accounts
- numerous calendar improvements
- support for S/MIME, enhanced contact management
- Pidgin instant messaging integration
- improved desktop integration.
- improved compliance with GNOME's human interface guidelines
- integrated SpamAssassin functionality (with user-defined spam score and whitelist rules in
- a connector for Scalix is available
Evolution 2.22 was released on 11 March 2008, together with GNOME 2.22 (March 2008). GNOME is the default desktop environment for several Linux distributions, most notably Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu. Foresight Linux showcases the latest releases of GNOME. Novell distributes Evolution with SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 and the openSUSE community project.
Evolution 2.22 is also available as source code. Some pre-built install packages are available for other operating systems, but only for older versions.
Evolution for Mac OS X
Evolution for Windows
Before this announcement, several projects with the same goal had been started (Evolution for Windows being the most notable), but none of them reached alpha status.
|File:Commons-logo.svg||Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Evolution (software)|
- ↑ "Getting Really Organized with vFolders". Ximian, Inc.. http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/doc/x2279.html. Retrieved 21 August 2007.
- ↑ http://live.gnome.org/Anjal
- ↑ http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/downloads.php/evolution/builds/Evolution%202.6%20for%20Mac%20OS%20X%20/
- ↑ http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2006-August/msg00208.html
- ↑ "GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeName Function (Windows)". MSDN Library. Microsoft. 19 June 2008. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364998(VS.85).aspx. Retrieved 30 July 2008.
Template:GNOME Software Template:Novellar:إيفوليوشن ast:Novell Evolution ca:Evolution (programa) cs:Novell Evolution da:Novell Evolution de:Evolution (Software) es:Evolution (software) fa:اوولوشن fr:Evolution (logiciel) hr:Novell Evolution it:Evolution (software) hu:Evolution nl:Novell Evolution ja:Novell Evolution no:Evolution (programvare) pl:Evolution (oprogramowanie) pt:Novell Evolution ro:Evolution ru:Evolution sk:Evolution fi:Evolution sv:Novell Evolution tr:Evolution (yazılım) uk:Evolution zh:Novell Evolution