Faces in Places
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type of site||Blog|
|Launched||Monday, April 23, 2007|
Faces in Places is a photoblog that features (as the author describes) photographs of faces found in everyday places. The featured photographs consist of inanimate objects that a viewer would perceive as representing a face. This perception is a type of anthropomorphism - people attributing human qualities to a non-human being or object.
The Faces in Places blog was launched on Monday, April 23, 2007, with a photo of a crane that resembles a grasshopper. Prior to this, the editor had started to encourage people with a similar interest in anthropomorphic images to submit them to a Flickr group. The Flickr group is now the main source of images used on the blog.
On September 21st, 2007, Faces in Places was featured in the b3ta newsletter, which led to an increased level of interest in the project from the blogosphere, global newspaper and television press.
- ↑ b3ta newsletter http://b3ta.com/newsletter/issue295/
- ↑ Boing Boing: Humanizing everything http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/faces-in-places-huma.html
- ↑ The Sun: Can you spot Faces in Places?http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article702404.ece
- ↑ Daily Mail: Faces spotted in the strangest of places http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=496085&in_page_id=1770
- ↑ Yahoo! Find of the Year 2007 http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/finds2007/weird-and-wonderful/