From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Privately held company|
|Founded||San Diego, CA, U.S. (2007 )|
|Headquarters||San Diego, CA, U.S.|
|Industry||Web applications for Media & Entertainment, Film Industry|
|Products||Screenwriting software; filmmaking and video production software and resources|
FiveSprockets is a web-based software company based in San Diego, California, United States focused on developing resources, social networking, and web-based collaborative software for scriptwriting, filmmaking and digital-video production. The name FiveSprockets comes from the five phases, or sprockets, of media production: (1) Story Development & Scriptwriting; (2) Pre-production; (3) Production; (4) Post-production; and (5) Marketing & Distribution. Founded in 2007 by CEO Randy Ullrich, FiveSprockets launched its Beta Release in September 2008 with an initial focus on social networking, educational content, and web-based software for screenwriting and production management.
FiveSprockets includes an Ideas module where creators can store their raw ideas across several different Idea types (such as Story or Character).
vScripter is FiveSprockets web-based story-development and scriptwriting software. vScripter takes a story-development perspective on the process and allows the writer(s) to collect metadata about each story and manage their stories. vScripter supports a variety of different media-project formats, including screenplay, TV Sitcom, TV drama, Stage Play, Audio / Radio Play, and Comic Book.
- Editor - vScripter's scriptwriting editor includes features typical of scriptwriting software such as (a) proper formatting as recommended by AMPAS Nicholl Fellowship in Screenwriting; (b) writing accelerators such as intelligent tab-and-enter key processing; and (c) character and location memory for auto-completion typing.
- Story Metadata - vScripter stores metadata about the story, including Log line, Tagline, Treatment, and story notes.
- Collaboration - The script's originator can selectively choose to share a script in read-only or write-access mode to any of the originator's contacts.
- Import/Export - Scripts written in other applications can be imported into vScripter via the RTF standard, which typically preserves most (but not necessarily all) of the original script's formatting. Additionally, vScripter can export to RTF, PDF, and HTML.
- Script Registration - Through a partnership with ProtectRite, the creator and pioneer of online intellectual-property registration, writers can access the ProtectRite service directly from within vScripter to register and protect their work.
vProductionOffice is FiveSprockets web-based production-management software.
- Script Breakdown - When the user Greenlights a production, vProductionOffice walks the user through a simple wizard that, among other things, creates a script breakdown. This includes separating the various scenes, listing the characters needed in each scene, and marking the 1/8's of each scene. The scenes can then be scheduled for their shooting date.
- Storyboarding - The Storyboard feature allows the user to create storyboards for each scene in the breakdown and watch the storyboard in an animation viewer.
- Casting and Crewing - The user can cast and crew the production from their various connections within FiveSprockets.
FiveSprockets includes a Job Board so that its users can seek out new collaborators across a variety of media-production roles, from "Above the Line" positions such as Actor, Director, and Producer, to "Below the Line" roles such as Line Producer, Script Supervisor, and Key Grip.
Social Networking & Community
FiveSprockets includes social networking features such as user profiles, project showcasing, contact building, internal messaging, and discussion boards. FiveSprockets also includes an educational content and resources where users can share their knowledge and learn from others across content types like how-to videos, instructional guides, discussion forums, and glossary elements.
- Web 2.0
- Web application
- Social network service
- List of screenwriting software