From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
FlexiScale is the Utility Computing platform launched by XCalibre Communications in the summer of 2007. Users are able to create, start, and stop servers as they require allowing rapid deployment where needed. Both Windows and Linux are supported on the FlexiScale platform.
FlexiScale uses the open source Xen Hypervisor. Backend storage comes from a highly redundant SAN/NAS, although the level of redundancy has recently been called into question, with more than 2 days of downtime resulting from an engineer mistake. The storage system currently consists of a dual head NetApp storage array with the disk shelfs connected to both heads. This will be replaced in the near future with an "Amber Road" based storage solution from SUN.
There has been a few revisions of the Flexiscale platform, from publicly available information the first version was based around the VirtualIron VM management software. The second revision (called Flexiscale v1.5) of the platform is based on a in-house developed VM control system.
- ↑ Flexiscale launches on demand hosting
- ↑ Engineer accidentally deletes cloud
- ↑ http://www.xcalibre.co.uk/content/view/292/266/ Flexiscale has further issues with NetApp and will resolve by moving to "Amber Road"
- ↑ http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/30/another_flexiscale_outage/ Flexiscale downtime made worse by VirtualIron
- ↑ http://blog.flexiscale.com/2009/06/01/my-middle-name-is-arnie/