From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
| This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
FluxBB 1.3 Screenshot
|Stable release||1.2.22 / August 31, 2009|
|Preview release||1.4 RC1 / January 7, 2010|
|Operating system||PHP / MySQL|
FluxBB is a lightweight free software PHP-based internet discussion board system. FluxBB is a fork of the PunBB project, created in response to developers protesting the increasing emphasis of a partnership with a corporate organization on the PunBB project. As with PunBB, it is released under the GNU General Public License.
FluxBB is a fork of PunBB which was created by Rickard Andersson. In 2007, PunBB was sold to a commercial company. Development continued under the direction of Rickard Andersson until April 2008. At that time Rickard Andersson announced he would be ceasing his active involvement with the project, at least temporarily.
In light of the changed circumstances the remaining members of the development team decided to fork the project in order to regain control over future project direction. FluxBB was the result of this decision.
Although it was developed under a version 1.3 branch under both PunBB and FluxBB, it was announced in January 2009 that the then-current 1.3 branch would be discontinued, and that the future FluxBB 1.4 would revert to being based on the 1.2 codebase. As a result, version of 1.3 with all known bugs fixed was released as the "1.3-legacy" in April 2009.
To maintain compatibility between the two forum systems, the PunBB developers have imported changes to the core made in FluxBB to the PunBB core, although it is foreseen that the two forums' feature sets will diverge in the future.
FluxBB 1.4, which is a direct upgrade from 1.2 and 1.3, will include new features such as full UTF-8 support which 1.3 includes, but will not include 1.3's additional functionality. FluxBB 1.4 will have a new default skin.
FluxBB 2.0 will be a totally new branch from scratch, and it is a successor to 1.3. It will add a new one-click extension system which allows users to easily extend features and functionality, although the feature was originally included in FluxBB 1.3. FluxBB 2.0 also improves markup and CSS, adds a templating system, subforums/no categories mode.
|Current release||Test release||Future release|
|Name||Version||Release date||Significant changes|
|FluxBB 1||1.2.18||2008-05-09||A stability update for 1.2 which fixes several known issues with PunBB 1.2.17.|
|1.2.19||2008-07-10||Addresses three fairly serious security vulnerabilities and provides a fix for an issue with userlist.php.|
|1.2.20||2008-07-13||Removes the code added in include/parser.php which was causing the BBCode issue and replaces it with new code which handles the underlying issue in a different way.|
|1.2.21||2008-12-04||Fixed a subtle permissions bug.|
|1.2.22||2009-08-31||Fixes an XSS vulnerability and minor internal changes|
|1.3 Beta 2||2008-05-09||First FluxBB 1.3 beta release.|
|1.3-r718||2009-01-11||1.3 version with obvious issues fixed.|
|1.3-legacy||2009-04-23||1.3-r718 with minor issues fixed.|
|1.4 Beta 1||2009-05-26||First FluxBB 1.4 beta release.|
|1.4 Beta 2||2009-08-09||Second FluxBB 1.4 beta release.|
|1.4 RC1||2010-01-07||First FluxBB 1.4 release candidate.|
|1.4||TBA||Based on 1.2, with UTF-8 support, MySQL/MySQLi dblayers that use InnoDB, split and merge posts.|
|FluxBB 2||2.0||TBA||Including features from 1.3, with additional features such as per-style templates and other unannounced features.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Connor (2008-05-09). "Development team annoucement [sic]". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/81/development-team-annoucement/. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- ↑ Ohloh code analysis
- ↑ Open source PHP
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 About FluxBB
- ↑ Sourceforge CCA 2008 finalists
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Connor (2009-01-10). "The future of FluxBB". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/2465/the-future-of-fluxbb/. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- ↑ PunBB forums - PunBB 1.3 RC
- ↑ Reines (2010-01-12). "New styles for FluxBB-1.4 - A competition". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/3565/new-styles-for-fluxbb14-a-competition/. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- ↑ FluxBB Development
- ↑ Smartys (2008-07-10). "FluxBB 1.2.19 and 1.3 hotfixes released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/1238/fluxbb-1219-and-13-hotfixes-released/. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- ↑ Smartys (2008-07-10). "FluxBB 1.2.20 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/1271/fluxbb-1220-released/. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- ↑ Connor (2008-12-04). "FluxBB 1.2.21 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/2310/fluxbb-1221-released/. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- ↑ Connor (2009-08-31). "FluxBB-1.2.22 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/3222/fluxbb1222-released/. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- ↑ elbekko (2009-04-23). "FluxBB 1.3-legacy released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/2831/fluxbb-13legacy-released/. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- ↑ elbekko (2009-05-26). "FluxBB 1.4 beta 1 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/2927/fluxbb-14-beta-1-released/. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- ↑ Reines (2009-08-09). "FluxBB 1.4-beta2 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/3161/fluxbb-14beta2-released/. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- ↑ Reines (2010-01-07). "FluxBB-1.4-RC1 released". FluxBB.org. http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/3542/fluxbb14rc1-released/. Retrieved 2010-01-08.