From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
The script operates by iteratively reading all the form fields from the submitted form via the form ACTION tag. Next the script begins to build an e-mail message from the submitted fields, typically concatenating the name and value of each submitted form field in the body of the email message.
The script uses several specially-named hidden fields to control the operation of the script. The various hidden fields control who the recipient of the e-mail is, what the email subject is set to, etc. Finally the script e-mails the form's contents to the recipient(s).
The typical FormMail script has this common functionality:
- Reads all form fields and creates an e-mail message from them
- Recipient fields (typically hidden) allow creator to determine e-mail recipient
- Subject field, allows the creator to set the Subject of the e-mail in a hidden form field
- Required fields, allows you to set which fields need to be completed to send the e-mail
- CC, BCC fields, allow you to copy and forward to multiple recipients
More advanced variants of the script have additional features such as: provide for e-mail attachments, prevent form spamming, save the e-mail to a file or database, add CAPTCHA validation and more.