| This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2009) </td>
FreeArc is a free and open source lossless data compression program developed by Bulat Ziganshin.
FreeArc compression is more efficient than the older LZW (.Z), Deflate (.zip and .gz) or bzip2 compression algorithms. 
FreeArc Includes LZMA, PPMD, TrueAudio and GRzip algorithms with automatic switching by file type, also it uses set of filters.
- Solid compression with smart updates
- AES/Blowfish/Twofish/Serpent encryption
- FAR and Total Commander plugins
- Ability to create SFX (self-extracted) archives and installers
- Archive protection and recovery, including recovery over Internet
Like RAR and ZIP it is an archiver. It is not just a data compressor like gzip or bzip2.
Template:Compression Software Implementations