From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Ghost Logo 150w.png|
|Headquarters||Ramallah, West Bank and Jerusalem, Israel|
|Key people||Zvi Schreiber, CEO|
G.ho.st (usually pronounced ghost) is the trading name of Ghost Inc. and the service name and URL of the company's hosted computer operating system or WebOS service. Its name is an acronym of Global Hosted Operating SysTem. The URL G.ho.st is a domain hack using the Sao Tome and Principe .st country extension.
The G.ho.st service provides, over the Internet, a working environment that mimics the classic desktop provided by personal computer operating systems. As an internet-based service, users are able to create, save and return to a working environment from different physical computers and mobile phones. G.ho.st calls itself a virtual computer. In July 2009 the software entered beta stage development, and as of now it remains in this stage. The beta launch near Jerusalem was attended by Quartet Representative and former UK prime minister Tony Blair. The Company's primary investor is Benchmark Capital.
Such services are not considered operating systems in the traditional sense although they are sometimes referred to as Web Operating Systems. Whilst they can include a GUI (e.g. a desktop), a (virtual) file system, application management and security, they do not contain a kernel to interface with physical hardware. Therefore, to use the service an operating system is required, supporting at least a web browser from which the service can be run.
The G.ho.st Virtual Computer is hosted on Amazon Web Services and can be seen as utilizing cloud computing on the backend and delivering a consumer version of cloud computing.  According to the G.ho.st website, it is planned to additionally offer a commercial, fully-featured and scalable private cloud file system (Ghost Cloud File System, CFS) that is designed to run within the customer's own Amazon web services account. The business model will be based on surcharges to Ghost which will be collected by Amazon.
The company has received growing press coverage, relating both to the technology and due to the fact that Israelis and Palestinians work as partners to build the company's products. It is considered to be the only joint Palestinian and Israeli technology Startup company and the first company to offer employee stock options in the Palestinian Territories.
- Integration with third-party web applications (Google Docs, ThinkFree, Meebo, Zoho)
- Mail/calendar/contacts program (with 10GB free powered by Zimbra)
- Storage called My G.ho.st Drive (15GB free, FTP access)
- Smart icons and tags for external internet resources such as files, products and people (Tagging Things)
- Desktop widgets (RSS Reader, Calculator, clock, Yahoo Weather, Stickies, Google Search)
- Multiple language support
- Virtual File System shows files stored by G.ho.st Drive, Google Docs and others with a consistent explorer
- G.ho.st Sync - an installed application which synchronizes files between the local computer and G.ho.st Drive
- File sharing
- "G.ho.st(TM) Runs Zoho(TM) Applications". Yahoo. 2007-09-11. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070911/uktu024.html?.v=50.
- "G.ho.st Uses ThinkFree for Viewing Office Documents". topix. 2007-09-06. http://www.topix.net/com/thinkfree/2007/09/g-ho-st-uses-thinkfree-for-viewing-office-documents.
- "ComputerWorld Horizon Awards 2007". ComputerWorld. 2007-08-20. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=296934.
- "A g.ho.st. of a chance". The Jerusalem Post. 2007-07-10. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1183980038329&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull.
- "Israeli-Palestinian startup aims high with cheap talent". Red Herring. 2007-06-08. http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=22530.
- "Better Integration Next on Agenda for G.ho.st". IT Business Edge. NarrowCast Group. 2007-06-01. http://www.itbusinessedge.com/item/?ci=29135.
- "Can G.ho.st scare Microsoft?". InfoWorld. IDG Network. 2007-05-06. http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/06/moes-ghost_1.html.
- "Virtual coexistence". ynetnews. Yedioth Group. 2007-05-05. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3395852,00.htm.
- "Interview with Zvi Schreiber of G.ho.st". Entreprenuer27. 2007-04-25. http://www.entrepreneur27.org/archive/interview-with-zvi-schreiber-of-ghost/.
- "AWS Solutions Catalog: G.ho.st". Amazon.com. 2008. http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1641.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tech Startup Bridges Mideast Divide BusinessWeek, 27 December 2007
- ↑ High-tech Israeli-Palestinian firm defies barriers AP in Yahoo! News, 15 July 2009
- ↑  By Amazon.com, 2008.
- ↑ 
- ↑ G4 Attack of the Show about G.ho.st
- ↑ Co-operation in the ether The Economist, 23 July 2009
- ↑ Israelis and Palestinians Launch Web Start-Up By DINA KRAFT, New York Times, May 29, 2008.
- G.ho.st web site
- G.ho.st mobile site
- Demo at the D conference
- Article about G.ho.st in New York Times
- Article about G.ho.st in Associated Press
- Interview with G.ho.st founder Zvi Schreiber
- Israeli and Palestinian entrepreneurs co-developing Web 2.0 operating system G.ho.stpl:G.ho.st