GML Application Schemas
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Geography Markup Language provides the basis for domain- or community-specific "Application Schemas", which in turn support data interoperability within a community of interest. Application schemas are normally designed using ISO 19103 conformant UML, and then the GML Application created by following the rules given in Annex E of ISO 19136.
Following is a list of known, publicly accessible GML Application Schemas.
- AIXM Aeronautical Information eXchange Model ( see http://aixm.aero - Commercial Aviation Related Schema)
- CAAML - Canadian Avalanche Association Markup Language (see avalanche)
- CityGML - a common information model and GML application schema for virtual 3D city / regional models. Direct link to the CityGML homepage.
- Climate Science Modelling Language (CSML)
- DAFIF - defense aviation
- GeoSciML - from IUGS Commission for Geoscience Information
- GPML - the GPlates Markup Language, an information model and application schema for plate-tectonics, from a consortium led by the EarthByte e-research project at the University of Sydney, Australia
- LandGML - a GML implementation equivalent to LandXML
- NcML/GML - NetCDF-GML
- Observations and Measurements schema for observation metadata and results
- OS MasterMap GML
- SensorML schema for describing instruments and processing chains
- SoTerML schema for describing Soil and Terrain data
- TigerGML - US Census
- VMAP - land defense data
- Water Quality Data Project from Dept. of Natural Resources, New South Wales
- Darwin Core GML application schema. An implementation of the Darwin Core schema in GML for sharing biodiversity occurrence data.