Geeks in Space
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2008)
Geeks in Space was a semi-weekly Internet audio show produced from June 1999 to June 2001. The name was a satirical evolution of the previous Pigs in Space. It was hosted by Slashdot employees Rob Malda, Jeff "Hemos" Bates, Jon "CowboyNeal" Pater and Nate "Mix Master" Oostendorp. Drawing from the stories and discussions on Slashdot, the hosts discussed Slashdot, Linux, Open source, and new technology. The audience were primarily Slashdot readers.
After the sale of Slashdot to OSDN (now OSTG), the show was put on an indefinite hiatus until they could "figure out how the hell they’ll do it with the hosts on different coasts." The last episode was titled "We’re Really Dancing!".
- Radio section of Slashdot
- First Season's Show Notes
- Second Season's Show Notes
- Final Season's Show Notes
- Geeks in Space at Everything2.com
- Geeks in Space show archive (mirror)
- Geeks in Space mentioned Newsbytes, July, 1999.[not in citation given]
- Geeks in Space briefly mentioned Eye.Net, November, 1999.[not in citation given]
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|