General purpose markup language
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. More details may be available on the talk page. (April 2009)|
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2009)
A general purpose markup language is a markup language that is used for more than one purpose or situation. Other, more specialized markup languages are often based upon these languages: i.e., HTML being based upon the syntax of SGML.
The following is a list of general purpose markup languages:
- ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One)
- GML - the predecessor of SGML
- SGML - a predecessor of XML
- Comparison of document markup languages
- Comparison of general purpose markup languages
- Markup language
- Simple Declarative Language