From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article may not meet the general notability guideline. Please help to establish notability by adding reliable, secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. (October 2009)|
|Type of site||Web 2.0 Blog|
|Created by||Om Malik and others|
GigaOM is a Web 2.0 blog started by Om Malik and published by Giga Omni Media, Inc. in San Francisco. According to the company website it has a monthly global audience of 500,000. It is among the top 50 blogs worldwide by Technorati Rank[clarification needed], and is listed on CNet's Blog 100 list.
It offers Web 2.0 news, analysis and opinions on startups, new technologies, broadband and online games. According to GigaOM, the site's readership includes a worldwide following of technology industry leaders, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs. In June 2006, Malik left his day job to work on GigaOM full-time.
GigaOM integrates a number of other blogs and services into its network. These include:
- WebWorkerDaily (launched September 2006), a blog catering to people who use the web for work.
- NewTeeVee (launched December 2006), a blog covering online video news.
- Earth2Tech (launched July 2007), a blog covering the business of clean technology.
- OStatic (launched March 2008), a resource for open source software and services.
- jkOnTheRun (launched as a personal blog in May 2004 and acquired by GigaOM in July 2008), a mobile technology blog.
- TheAppleBlog (launched November 2004 and acquired by GigaOM in September 2008), about Apple Inc. and related tools and applications.
- GigaOM jobs (launched August 2006), a technology-focused job board.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "About GigaOM". GigaOM. http://gigaom.com/about/. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
- ↑ "GigaOM on Technorati". Technorati. http://technorati.com/search/gigaom.com. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
- ↑ "Blog 100 Index". CNET. http://news.com.com/2310-10784_3-0.html.
- ↑ "Om money, Om problems". Valleywag. June 13, 2006. http://valleywag.gawker.com/tech/om-malik/om-money-om-problems-180370.php#more. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- ↑ "GigaOM's Mobilize 09 - the 100-word version". VentureBeat. September 10, 2009. http://venturebeat.com/2009/09/10/gigaoms-mobilize-09-the-100-word-version/. Retrieved 2009-09-26.