From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Google hacking involves using advance operators in the Google search engine to locate specific strings of text within search results. Some of the more popular examples are finding specific versions of vulnerable Web applications. The following search query would locate all web pages that have that particular text contained within them. It is normal for default installations of applications to include their running version in every page they serve, e.g., "Powered by XOOPS 2.2.3 Final".
The following search query will locate all websites that have the words "admbook" and "version" in the title of the website. It also checks to ensure that the web page being accessed is a PHP file.
Another technique is searching for insecure coding practices in the public code indexed by Google Code Search or other source code search engines.
One can even retrieve the username and password list from Microsoft FrontPage servers by inputting the given microscript in Google search field:
Devices connected to the Internet can be found. A search string such as
inurl:"ViewerFrame?Mode=" will find public web cameras.
- "Google Hacking Database", IHS: I Hack Stuff
- "Search Operators", Google Guide – includes advanced operators
- "Google tutorials", TechRecipes – over 1000 Google tips and hacks
- "Google Help: Cheat Sheet", Google (printable)
- Google Hack Honeypot project, SourceForge
- googlehacks, Google Code – a utility implementing some of the Google hacks